Sunday

that was the past ♥

Looking back every once in a while to see what kind of mood I was in while I was blogging..is always interesting to me.
Here's a post one year ago yesterday.



This post however is about looking at past issues of the heart.


For example I used to despise the scale, you know the machine that sits in the corner of your bathroom and taunts you?

Always ready to give you the third degree while keeping record of your highs and lows..both the good and the bad. 


Well that was then..today I'm friends with it and have accepted it's demeanor which is just honestly blunt.

When you make friends with it you will find weighing both mornings and nights..becomes a tool.
Helping me to keep my weight goals in the forefront of my mind daily.


In having this reminder, I'm thinking before I eat, which is good..very good.


Pluse I've add more fruit and veggies servings to my lifestlye like that of  the pond scum drink ..it's funny how much I look forward to it and what a difference it makes!


There's also more water these days..drinking less and less sugar drinks..even that of my beloved tea.  I'm pleased to say this is giving me clearer skin and better mentality so DRINK more WATER and just see how much younger you will feel :)


Here's something I used to do in the past and now will begin again first thing in the morning, walking..every morning..on the hills in my neighborhood.


This is only happening for two reasons.


  1. I met a goal weight that I said I'd start walking again.
  2. I said this to my best reminder/critic/caretaker so now he's reminding me I have to follow through, plus I think when I'm motivated so is he and he needs it just as much as me ;)

What's different this time around..

Well I'm eating less..because I've learned that fasting is a good thing for the mind and body.
Instead of making a goal I'm making many attainable goals.

Looking back each time is very encouraging.

I love goals that effect everything and everyone around me in a positive way.


The next goal is another 10lbs away which is when I'll be back to training like the "couch to 5k" workout..I did  this four years ago. I was up jogging 3miles a day 4-5x's a week every morning before devotion and I was in super duper shape both physically and spiritually!

The only other exercise that I'm doing this summer  just being more active with the kids, lots of walking at the theme park where we brought season passes to.


Speaking of theme parks..I'm still working..however as you all know the economy is worse then a  bad roller coaster ride that won't end.


Even worse it's so bad when you are tempted to give away services just so you can say you worked at the end of the day..

It's not just me either it's even at my dh's work they've said if things don't pick up a 4 day work week will go into effect. This will cut our income by almost $800 monthly.

Of course this couldn't come at a worse time, right after we buy a newer SUV (the first in 7 yrs) and just as we are making headway on the house project..and let's not forget this is the first year that all our kids will be enrolled in church school which requires registration and first months tuition's to the sum of $1100.00 up front.

Yeah..uhhmm.


Stress, maybe a little..and looking back this would have driven me to comfort myself in negative ways..eating, spending, pouting..depression..but the good news is this I'm not doing any of it.


Instead I've noticed a pull from the Holy Spirit to pray unceasingly and give thanks about each situation.


I know His Word says " Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Mt. 7;7

So even as we are in the middle of it all I find myself going to the Father more often just to talk about the plans He has for me, how much does it help? Only ALLOT! 

In the past I would have reacted differently, fearfully scared maybe even temper tanturm upset..for now I'm not worried because He is in my future and that's all that matters :)

Peace be with you..God Bless you with a walk close enough you can feel HIS presence♥

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God has brought you here and He will lead you through this too!!!! YOU, my friend, are an awesome example of His love and joy! You have come a long way and it is amazing to see you grow! I am blessed to call you "friend"!!!!!!

Beth in NC said...

Hey Sista! Sooooo, are you doing the Fast 5 again? I want to get back on track with that. I am eating way too much.

Are you jogging again? I'm on Week 4 and Friday will be Day 3. Yay!

Love & hugs!
Beth