Wednesday

Birthday Party highlights..

To all my "friendly followers" you may have wondered  how the cupcake racetrack

turned out.finished projects 102.well this is it.

AND this is my what..

6a00d83451c5ac69e2011168698f4a970c

tribute: It is (imho) the best idea for an outdoors party :) Serve a cupcake cake! You to can do this!

 

 

Some additional  shots from the big 5yr olds day..

  finished projects 068finished projects 071

finished projects 106finished projects 115 finished projects 121finished projects 119 

Many friends + pretty day+ great party = one very happy 5 yr old!

20 comments:

Beach said...

LOVE the cake it turned out so CUTE!!!!
Heather S.

Unknown said...

Love the cake! We just did a similar one for my 7 yr. old a few weeks ago. So fun :)

j said...

love LoVe LOVE the cupcake cake! That turned out AWESOME! I am stealing your idea SOON (maybe this weekend - we forgot my Daddy in laws bday in January and they are coming down. We owe him some hooplah).

John and Lisa said...

The cake is adorable. I tried a racetrack cake last year for a little cousin, but we had a sort of landslide. Cupcakes would've worked much better.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, and thanks for sharing your fun party with us!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh my goodness! That is so super duper cute!!! Love it!!!

Dave Roller said...

Awesome, awesome and more awesome. I am saving this page for my son's 8th birthday party in November. Did I mention it was awesome?

Heidi Boos said...

I keep hearing more and more about these birthday cup cake cakes. I'll definitely have to give it a try! You did an amazing job!

Thanks for popping into my blog...

Buffie said...

That is so cool. My nephew would love a cake like that for his birthday. I'll have to send this link to my SIL.

Jodi said...

great idea for the cake! we made an Elmo one last year, but we'll have to keep that racetrack in mind for the future!

Unknown said...

That cake looks absolutely fantastic. Cupcake cakes are the best. TFS.

Heather said...

That is one of the cutest cupcake cakes that I have ever seen! My boy loves cars - this would be so perfect for his next birthday!

Sarah said...

That is so fun! I've been looking for ideas for my son's birthday, he wants a car themed party. This would be perfect.

Jerralea said...

That is adorable! Happy birthday to your 5 year old.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

What a cool cake! Great job!

Mrs. E. said...

Dawn,
This is the first time I've been to your blog and it's great! Your warmth and love for Jesus shines through.
I've never seen a cupcake cake like that. My boys would love it! Very fun idea and you did an awesome job!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

What an awesome cupcake cake! Great job! You have a beautiful blog, too! Thanks for stopping by mine and leaving a comment! I'm gonna come back and visit yours when I have more time!

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

I love that cake! Great idea! I also love the name of your blog, and your header. Thanks for sharing!

Muthering Heights said...

Your cake turned out so well...and I LOVE your new blog design!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Love that racetrack cupcake-cake!!!

Jenny said...

the cake is nifty.