my fingers are sticking to the keyboard as I type, this. won't. do. shame on me that rice treat.
As I sit here cleaning the keys off thinking of what to post and where to start as there's much I could share.
Examples:
- The new "iron box" that will soon house a nice fire sitting in the corner of our living room..still needs the flute and housing..and then there will be no need for double socks or layering of clothes in my cool house of 63 degrees this winter..yeah it would be nice if it was summer time!
- How about my renewed love for juicing because we heart carrots & apples for breakfast..still it has not changed that I still crave
like a mad womensweet treats and hot chi tea everyday..o'what to do?
- I could share about my day with the cousins as they stayed over night and not one jumped out the window but all four of them tested what little patience I woke up with on the first day back to school for Bunter in a too cold & wet to play outdoors kinda day. (you understand now why I indulged in a half a pan of rice crispy treats tonight, right?)
- I've also got a few fun craft projects I've undertaken for three baby showers..in one week??? Oh and did I mention that another (4th) baby was born just this morning..she's my SIL new niece hence why I had my SIL's kids ..are you confused now?..I am! Anyhow her name is *Averly* what a precious name..sorry no pix (yet) but you know if she was my niece directly I would have plastered her new baby face all over this blog..hint hint to her "real Aunty";) Really how does that many babies happen in one week? Never mind, you know what I mean! ;)
- Then there's the whole scary job thing hanging in the balance for my husband and our family it's something I'm trying not to worry about..I mean really we are fed and clothed and have a roof over our head..no regrets right?
- And lastly I could just say Hi and wish you all well while asking how your doing this new year and wether your feeling blessed because really I think about you all often ;)
However I feel inspired to share what I've been contemplating
all.
day.
long.
You see last night before going to sleep..I asked our DHF to wake me up in the morning early enough to spend some time with HIM only. HE did, I woke up and read from a devotional book named "Quite Moments of Wisdom for Moms" Chapter 1 Proverbs 14:1 and then it started to happen..it seemed the whole thing was written as if it was just for me at just the right time..it was so direct, pointing out more then a few details I would rather pretend I didn't have problems with because really whose "the foolish women who tears down her home" I mean really why would she close her eyes to the truth, choosing instead to deny the way things really are while being a women whose unfair to and unappreciative of those around her? *OUCH!*
As if that's not bad enough ...to the things that last she neglects.
Did you catch that?!
She would neglect the things that LAST?!
God's Word (is everlasting) , the spiritual preparation of her family praying for them and teaching them about HIM as well as ministering to those around her..instead putting much time in the things that don't last? *Double OUCH!*
I don't think I need to list all my "foolish woman" traits..all I have to do is read some of my previous post and to those who know me IRL really do I need to list my faults..they are so visible.
Oh and hang in here with me..it get's better because then there's the "wise women who builds her house"
Upon a solid rock/fortress/ ground you name it..she's the mom who has discernment for things that are true, right, and lasting. Lasting!
A wise women knows truth is found in God's Word and she spends time there regularly.
She's also willing to see things the way they really are; she's not given to pretending or denying reality. (did I say pretend earlier..nawh..not me)
She discerns with truth by treating others around her with justice..adequately, fairly and with full appreciation.
She values things that LAST...
Well that was sticky at it's finest for me..but do I go on..because after this kind of cold shower devotion it can only get better..I started in Gen18-20..because that's where day #5 is and I've decided to read the whole Bible in a year noooooo it's not the first time I've tried to do this.. it's just the first time though I've realized that I really do need to pick more things...lasting.
Btw~ HE is not asking me or even you to do anything that HE HIMSELF isn't willing to do million times over..in just a small portion of Gen18-20 you can't help but see HIS consistency in the lives of Abraham,Sara,Lot..and while consistency is not one of my better attributes, I know HE will help me through even the sticky stuff while making a better ANT out of me!
((HUGS to you all tonight))
11 comments:
Well said, thanks!
Well! I needed to hear that. You know, God does work in mysterious ways. I guess I pretend I'm perfect, or almost, a lot, too. But twice this past week, God has led a blogger to post about what a Godly woman should be like. And I'm so not perfect.
Thanks. I needed to hear that.
What a great post! I am so glad He woke you early. Lisa~
Dawn, this was inspiring. I felt the words that were written just for you when you read them.... just for me. Praise God for your devotion time and that you shared it right here with others.
Faults or no, He loves us right where we are. So much, that He won't just leave us there.
This was a great post. It is some of the very things I have been wrestling with. Thanks for being so honest and sharing this with us.
Goodness, I needed to hear that! Thank you!
(Oh, and I think the best way to clean your keyboard is to lick the keys.) ;-)
Again I think he is talking to me through you... :)
What a great post for the beginning of the year!
LOL at your sticky situation! :-)
Thanks for the uplifting words that has spoken to many of us!
Love it. I've been pondring that "stuff that lasts" too. In the end the only thing that lasts is relational. Our relationship to Him... and to others that we minister to as you did here. Perfect.
Aren't you glad that I DON'T tag? And that I linked to you today in my post NOT tagging you? Whew, lucky untagged you.
Post a Comment