Saturday

no regrets..

 

Because my oldest just asked me when I started this blogging obsession...I looked it up and here's my first entry.  How have I done since then? Well, there's always room for improvement.

Then I decided to compare my attitude from today to what it was like a year ago..read about it here. In all honesty I might not have been as gracious today, then again I don't know..

It's neat to look back to see where you were and what you've become through times of change.

Just today while I sat in my living room watching both my dh and dad roll in the 3oolbs homemade fireplace..I reflected on how three years ago there was only plywood flooring and very bare walls with the blackest of black tar paper covering it not to mention the metal roof was our ceiling..seriously we lived in a shell.

The house structural beams were exposed and not one comfortable place to kick up your heels after a long day, in fact we only had a master bedroom to do that in and it was crammed packed with our sofa; TV center;  bunk beds and the kids one toy box..it was also the only place you could be warm or cool.

Can you say d-e-p-r-e-s-s-i-n-g ?

Yes it was our choice to do this the debt~free way but it was not an easy task to go through.

Now I can sit in the living room and see an almost completed home filled to the brim with God's blessing of one thing to another. From the staircase HE guided my dh's hands to make, to the paint brush HE inspired me to use to paint our stair wall with in a deep chocolate looking paint alongside the wood like flooring that even our kids were inspired to help put down..not to forget the the next to nothing pinewood ceilings throughout, that we would have never afforded so soon.

And the list goes on and on..I've thought of writing a book called "Building a house of faith" for our families reading pleasure.

Finally I can breath a sigh of relief that things change and mostly for the better..this is why I have no regrets.

 

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

                     Hebrews 12:2  KJV

12 comments:

Simply_Pam said...

How well I remember the day you moved in and the tears. You said "Mom I understand just how far a woman will go for the man she loves. I'm not happy about this, but I will get through it". You have done well.. and I am proud of you and D.S.I.L.

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't know if I could have done that. But, what a blessing to do it debt free, that is amazing.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Wow! I am new here, so I did not know this story. The things we will do for love! And it doesn't even compare to what Jesus did for us!

Anonymous said...

You rarely hear of "Debt free" anymore! How awesome!

Beach said...

Sometimes change is really good....who would of thunk it? I am happy things are coming along for you!!!!
Heather S.

Valarie Lea said...

Just think of all the special memories you have also with your house and family. :)

One More Equals Four said...

How neat that you can look back and see the blessings! and that you have no regrets!What a faithful God we have!

Muthering Heights said...

What a BLESSING!

j said...

You have a way of shining for the Lord even when you are telling the not so happy parts. It's a gift Dawn! I praise God for your home, for the Love that you have filled it with, and for the peek inside of it that I get to take!

Happy New Year! I hope that 2009 is a year of many many blessings... too many to count!

kris said...

What a great testimony! I would love to see pics of your home sometime! I know what you mean about Praising him in the Storm...
Ike and all... love your blog, keep it up! You bless me!
kris

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, I have an award for you on my blog today!! :))

littletoesandcheerios said...

You should so right the book! What a hard thing to go through. But He made it all worth it in the end.