Yesterday evening going into SA to drop off kids for a "date night",
we (my dh was driving) got pulled over in traffic, given a ticket and no warning.
Not for speeding or running a stop light but instead for being impatient and edgeing over the "marked raised pavement" before (we) where supposed to come off the ramp. Afterwards we are driving again, when my other half says " how much did that cost ?" I start to look on the back of the ticket and (it's easier to read a road map..) finally "ugh.. I think $162" then he sighs and says.."well sorry honey there goes dinner and a movie."
We dropped off the nephews turned around for home :0(
It's a test.. when something like this happens and your to "praise the Lord in this storm" being the optimistic person out of us two..I wasn't upset or disgruntled just said "well there's something we don't see and it's gonna be ok and I'm really sorry it happened."
We get back home looked up the ticket info online to find an added surprise..the officer listed two moving violations- something about obedience to marked pavement.
So the price of the ticket just doubled. Ouch!
The crazy thing is dh had a clean driving record, it didn't matter :0/
We did find out that defensive driving can be taken and that the price would be a fourth of the cost..still the misery of it all.
Then I looked up http://www.biblegateway.com/"Verse for the day" and this is what I found..“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”- Micah 6:8
The choice to do this or let our sinfulness rear it's ugly head is the difference between steps forward and back.. I'm ready to learn from this and move forward. However -before bed last night during family prayer..dh led out, giving thanks for warnings and thanks for a wife who loves and honors him.."for the heart she has towards me"...
I couldn't help think how many lessons were taught in this and how a dinner and a movie was a "cheap date" compared to the words that lifted and inspired me to do more to help.
Yes it's gonna cost us for this "date" but in the long run as I'm sure in Christ, it's worth it!
Dawn :0)
2 comments:
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
I don't believe I would have responded nearly as well as you. I think I would have pouted all the way home. :0(
Glad you overcame!
- Heather
That's funny coming from a SD wife..lol!
Post a Comment