If this title doesn't catch your attention I would be surprised!
Here's what I did this last Saturday night with my extra set of kiddos.
For those who wanted to know how our campfire went after their nap, here's the rest of the story.
around the bend
to Poppy & Grammy's house we go!
Along the way the kids picked up
firewood to help Poppy get the fire ring going.
After loading them up on plenty marsh mellows; bagel pizza and hot coco then night tag in the dark began..be the end we had a couple of skinned knees but that's not the whole of it..
See this little fellow? We will call him, H and he is my 2yr old newphew.
The kids and I head in for the night leaving my dh and Bunter (the oldest) up the hill visiting.
As we get back home to settle in for a movie..I went in the other room for only a minutes time when my son Trooper runs into my room to tell me H got hurt..strange I thought, I don't hear him crying?
A little confused..I asked "how" while I'm walking into the LR to see what's happened..here comes H through the front door, Huhn? Why was he outside?
And while I was trying to figure out where he was hurt..looking him over head to little toe..because he's not mine and this is the baby in our family, right?
I noticed his breath is short like the wind got knocked out of him or something and I'm still trying to figure out what happened.
Trooper is still excitedly jabbering on and on.."he fell down..he fell over.."
I began to think H went outside and slipped down the front porch which is about 3ft off the ground, ouch!
H has no evident injury other then the shock of falling and is now breathing fine..I checked him over again and again and held him while telling him I was sorry he fell down but that he wasn't suppose to be outside and that was a no-no..this is when my mild manner middle son Trooper finally gets my attention: MOM he wasn't outside HE FELL OUT OF THE WINDOW BEHIND THE COUCH!
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?? (yeah that's me)
HOW?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!(still me)
I run outside to see how this happened..and I noticed nothing..and here's where I start to finally ask the right questions and get some answers from Trooper (4yrs old) who shut the screen and pulled the window back down as I was tending to H.
Apparently H pushed open the screen and was standing on the back of the couch which propelled him to flip forward and down about 5 1/2 feet...not on grass but a rocky path.
This my dear reader is where I tell you I've no doubt we where covered by HIS angels.
The evening ended peacefully and without a concussion..or even goose egg bump or worse a tragic (makes my stomach sick thinking about this) death.
Instead I called dh down and explained everything and he suggested we gather around the little guy to give praise and Thanksgiving for God's protection!
"Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home, Evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling."
Amen Amen Amen..
This pix is a sample of the next day out..as He lead me beside still waters..it's good so come back Wed!
Blessings for a great day in the Lord!
15 comments:
Oh my! Sometimes it is better not knowing!
Praising God for his protection over that little fellow!
Oh, wow. It's like in our home, when I am thanking God for his protection I am also asking the child, "WHY do you try to kill yourself all day long?" lol!
http://www.tamragirl.com
Oh my WORD! I am so glad H was ok!!
How scary! So glad he is okay.
wow, wow, wow. You must have been freaking out!!!
moments like that your heart just jumps to your throat. Thanking Him with you that he wasn't injured! The rest of the story looked fun!
oh..my goodness! Praise God he was ok!! Thank goodness He's ALWAYS looking over us. I really love your pictures!!...Oh..I forgot to mention that I have an award for you..visit my blog..It's from last week..I forgot to mention it :( If you scroll down to Nov 10th you'll see it. Have a great day! Be blessed!!!
Wow, their job is to keep you from falling..perfect verse with this situation.
Glad he is ok and what a strange thing to happen. Off the couch and out the window. I think he set a record of some sort!
OH MY GOODNESS....makes me have a lump in my throat....so thankful he was being watched over. The beginning of the night looked like a lot of fun too.
Heather S.
Wow! I am so glad he was okay--and boy will he have a story to tell!
PRAISE GOD that little guy was OK! What an amazing story!
Everything sounded so fun...right up til the falling out of the window.
Be blessed!
My.Word. And thank the Lord he was not hurt. I'm sure he won't be near any windows any time soon!
BTW, thanks so much for your kind words with my son's dinner dilemma. I'm sure it will get better one day, but until then he'll be skinny as a rail.
Oh my Gosh!!!! I would definitely say God's Angels were with him!
Umm what did his Mother say??
WOAH! I'm glad he's okay!
Oh, that sounds very scary! So, glad he's okay!
Post a Comment