Just realized my middle child had a birthday and I didn't even post about it!
{GASP}
Now that's a bad mommy blogger..guess it's a good thing my motto is
"better late then never..".
"better late then never..".
In efforts to make myself feel better I'm going to share about all the family birthdays this month..all boys, all healthy, all special!
Here's my one and only middle son "TROOPER"..sporting his new # seven.
Here's my one and only middle son "TROOPER"..sporting his new # seven.
We have a tradition of decorating the kitchen area the night before their birthdays so when they wake up up it's "party time" and this is what he found waiting this year :)
Lemon cupcakes for school and the very practical gifts of his choosing.
He got all five things he asked for which is a blessing since daddy was unemployed at this time.
However it was easier because of his practical gifts like shoes, clothes and at least one toy.
Much wiser then his seven years which is why we believe he is destined for great things in his life!!
After school we had dinner with both sets of grandparents.
At a favorite Mexican food place and here he is wearing the traditional sombrero..silly boy.
The this year he asked for carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting and every year I make their cakes, for sentimental reason, NOT because I'm a cake decorator.
Here's a shot of all of us together..oh how I love my family, I am very blessed.
This was the first of four birthdays in our family..next was Trooper's favorite playmate's birthday our nephew who turned five..and this celebration took place with family, pizza,little league game and afterwords a combined birthday sleepover at our place..good times and not a picture on file?!
Man..I'm really slacking these days..tsk tsk.
A week later it's this little man's birthday.
His momma and daddy hosted a nice family BBQ at the city park. There was a pinata filled with lots of candy and plenty of fun for the kids.
Being the only baby means lots of hugs and kisses..but soon he will have a little brother joining the family and it will be be a welcome for this Aunty..as she is missing those baby days.
And last but not least there was another celebration tonight for my stepbrothers 20th..reality set in when we said he wasn't a teen anymore.
![]() | |||||||||||||||||||||||||
| |
So there you have it ..lots to celebrate!
And it will begin again in another 18 days as my little girl turns SIX.
She's really already 12..but I'm not encouraging this ;)
She's a planner and has already requested potato soup and cheesecake..at her Grammy's house with family. Food choices like these tell me she is defiantly her mothers child.
I won't promise a post "on time.." as we will be leaving the day after for a spring break road trip to Idaho! But I'm sure I will be reminded..by her.
Life is always good when there's family to celebrate with, hope your home is filled with as much celebration!
I won't promise a post "on time.." as we will be leaving the day after for a spring break road trip to Idaho! But I'm sure I will be reminded..by her.
Life is always good when there's family to celebrate with, hope your home is filled with as much celebration!





4 comments:
These all sound wonderful! Family is such a gift!
(Your 'little' girl is growing quickly!)
Last month, we had 5 birthdays in 6 days ... in our IMMEDIATE family. Yep. We did. Mama plus 5 kiddos have birthdays the same week.
Hope your week is BLESSED!
Laurel :)
Happy birthday to your Trooper! Love all the pictures! What a great idea to decorate the kitchen for a good morning surprise!
Sissy is SO cute! She is really growing up!
Happy Birthday to all of the special birthday boys! Trooper is GROWING!! Gosh they do grow up so fast.
Dawn honey, I've got to tell you, I'm still not used to the new blog title. I like it (very much), I just don't know how long it is going to be before my mind makes the switch :)
Have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment