Thursday

in real life

 

And I’ve been all over the map lately!

Physically

Spiritually

Emotionally for sure..

So much to say and yet it wouldn’t sound sane in just one post..so let’s see if “she’s” up to the task.

SIDE NOTE: I used to be able to put into words my thoughts now it’s work..I don’t know what’s happened with my earlier days of blog love..when it all but flowed like a river?! Maybe it’s just a phase but I have a feeling this to is coming to an end. Can anyone else agree? 

Ok..so I think I’ll start this off light heartedly since we all know there’s already so much turmoil IRL.

OH yeah..since the previous post we’ve celebrated another birthday.

Spring Break 2011 004

Sissy turned 6 and she is no longer a “baby” which has made me feel the need for another..but this is only till I hear another mother share how much sleep she isn’t getting and then I’m cured ;)

The night of her birthday we decided to head out on a much needed Spring Break vacation..it was time to just put our worries aside and head for the mountains.

And this is where we stayed, mostly.

Spring Break 2011 034 

Known as the:

Spring Break 2011 033

Beautiful doesn’t quite cover it..more like breath taking..yeah..that’s it.

We went sking, train riding, and swimming every night in the hot springs.

It was really nice. Here’s one shot I already have uploaded..

Spring Break 2011 for FB 001

The Gauge Railroad between Silverton and Durango was the ride we took..it was awesome for the whole family.

I have a funny story about this particular ride.

Mind you this wasn’t my first ride..but it was my kids.

Sissy is somewhat adventurous and decided to give me a new experience this time.

While the steam train was coming to the steepest part of the ride where cliffs were mere feet away from the tracks we came to a stop..that I thought like everyone else was now a part of the winter tour.

Hmmm nice..everyone is just snapping away, enjoying the spot in all it’s beauty.

Here’s the actual spot.

Spring Break 2011 for FB 004

But there was this grating noise in our coach that kept getting louder and louder..sounding like radio static.

A few minutes passed and one of the railmen came into our couch to turn off “said radio static” then the train starts to roll and we take off again. I told him “ opps I wonder if SISSY hit the switch accidently.”

He says no problem..and walks out returning shortly and says to everyone..ok we are on the way again folks, the emergency brake was hit and everything is fine..smiles at me, I said “ you mean that was a brake sound?

yes’mamam..

huh?! my daughter stopped the train?!

He nodded..and I laughed hysterically.

I always thought she would do this kind of stuff …just not in real life.

Everyone laughs and applauds because of the great pictures they got..she was embarrassed..as was her daddy.

Me, I just laughed..and thought “bandits have nothing on her..she can stop a train with just a wiggle and song.”

That’s what she was doing when it happened..more stories to come as soon as I unpack and upload more pictures.

And here she is after working so hard to take over the train..

Spring Break 2011 for FB 006

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: So you don’t think I’m totally unawares.

Hope you have felt the hand of God leading in all your endeavors..as during this break while we were away we did and saw many great things that included reports of the devastation in Japan..I know there is a plan there, but like many I’m just not sure how to understand any of it.  His protection over each of you..

4 comments:

Beach said...

I would have loved that train ride...have always wanted to go on a real train ride!! Beautiful scenery too!!!!

Hugs,
:) Heather S.

j said...

It looks like you all had a fun break. Sweet pictures!

I missed my daughter's birthday in my blogging absence. I need to make that post up for sure. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Gypsy said...

I remember traveling around Newfoundland on a steam train...it was awesome, I was 8 at the time, and would love to travel by train again.

Loves like a great place for spring break....maybe someday I will get to Colorado. I always said that was the place I would retire too.....teach me to make plans knowing God is in charge :) <3

Beth in NC said...

First, I have to say I wish you could come here and fix my hair to look like yours in your profile picture!

I want to do something mod like that -- lighter on top, darker on the bottom, but my hair stylist won't do it. BOOOOOO!!!!

Second, my daughter will be turning 6 this August. Waaaaaaaaa!!!!

Third, I can't believe she stopped the train! LOL!!! I would have been like your hubby - embarrassed. That is too funny!

Sorry I rarely get a chance to visit.

Love ya,
Beth