NO~ I'm not pregnant.
There's no storm clouds around.
But this week did bring a new opportunity to our family.
Our little two room church school is opening up for Kindergarten next fall.
Which means my little investigator extraordinar is going to be in Kinder next year!
(Trooper)
Most of you are probably wondering "why's this news, doesn't every little boy eventually go to school?" this is true, unless you thought you'd home school him, that is.
Seems every time I start to think "well this must be the path to travel..a big bump happens and I get turned onto a new path.
Same direction, different path?!
It's the story of my life.
Happens so often I should be more aware that "somethins a'comin." always.
So initially I thought.."he is ready and has been asking all year long when was he going to start."
Then I thought.. "WAIT! am I ready for this?"
I've really enjoyed having him full time..sniff sniff..he listens so well and follows directions the first time around...uhm..yeah..it is the makings for a great student.
Still..it seems like time has flown by and now he is going to have another teacher.
And while I may not be ready, I believe HE is.
When my girlfriend (his soon to be teacher) bent over to ask him if he wanted to come to school next fall his reply was "well..I do have a blue shirt." another words..he has been ready for awhile as they wear uniforms and he has one.
This had us giggling but he was serious.
Since February when he turned five..he's wanted to know how much longer it would be till it was his turn to go.
I never lead on that he would..instead I insisted "I'm your teacher..we do school at home, Bunter goes because momma needed extra help teaching him."
But I could tell this didn't settle well and it didn't matter the things we'd do together or the home school co-ops and/or library days I supplied for him..he still had the desire to go to church school.
And in a major way the Lord has impressed upon my own heart this year to serve and support this little schools endeavors as I've hosted many fundraiser, volunteered frequently to help and attend almost every board meeting this year as well as cleaning.
So really in a way it seemed HE was laying down this path for Trooper as well.
However at times I feel a lot like Samuel's mom (Hannah) whom asked for this child just as I did.
The easiest part about allowing this is that the teachers are also sisters in Christ and feel blessed to have another one of my children for their students.
Times like these I wonder just how hard it must have been for Hannah to honor the Lord with her promise?
Because I also promised I would trust HIM with the children HE gave me, raising each one to serve and be available to do HIS bidding whenever or wherever HE calls. (Just so long as I can be there also..a mothers prayer.)
I will readily admit the one advantage I see in this already is the opportunity to train and be with Sissy personally as well as building a closer relationship as mother and daughter.
It will be a blessing to have this one on one time with her to reaffirm to her just how special she is in the Lord's eyes..something I strongly desire for her to know.
Of course I'm aware these plans may only be temporary..because the Good Lord knows "something could be a'comin.." ;0)
4 comments:
That is great news! I understand! My little one will be in pre-school this year at a local church, but will hopefully start Kindergarten at a Christian School in town (in 2010).
I pray God will continue to guide you in this process. :o)
Many blessings!
Beth
It is hard to let go of "our" children and I think maybe God looks on us just the way you did your son about the blue shirt - with love and affection... and a bit of amusement? For HE knows the plans that HE has for your son. Best of luck to your kindergartener. He will look forward to this all Summer!
Awe, so hard that they have to grow up... and yet we so want them to grow! Glad it seems to be working out for you all.
I know Bunter is thriving in your church's school....it can be seen in him, KK says he listens to instructions so well. That might have something to do with his parenting too lol ;) ;) I have seen his art work hanging up BTW and he is a really good little artist too. If any of that is a sign of things to come Trooper should do all too well. I am sure you and your DH mulled over the best choice for him and your family and I know you prayed about it so it sounds as if you guys made the right choice for him!!!! Good for y'all!!!! I still hope we can get together from time to time once you aren't home schooling anymore....KK and I would greatly miss you otherwise.
:) Hugs,
Heather S.
Post a Comment