Wednesday

thirsting wisdom

 

This being on the prayer list for quite some time..and reading what Proverbs had to say about it still seems so far away..however recently I have noticed:

I'm happier these days even when my car is falling apart.

More aware and understanding towards my loved ones feelings even when they are truly trying to stretch my nerves.

Waking up to each new day looking forward  to it's challenges and counting HIS blessings even if it means I'm going to run run run and not sit till it's time to go to bed.

And instead of worrying about who thinks what or even what they think about me..I'm choosing not to accept this and/or think on those things any longer, they are time wasters.

 

Seems  now days I'm aiming to serve more, worry less and pray harder and all of it is taking a toll on my physical, spiritual and emotional welfare.

It's. all. good.

Which for the first time in a long time I feels like I'm living again and not just making it through each day.

And is attributed to desiring a healthier stewards life in Christ.

What a relief  to know all we need to do daily is say "use me, make me, mold me, break me, I'm yours Lord."

Amen.

 

Here's a short play by play of what I've been up to:

Last week I went on my son's end of the year field trip and climbed a 30 ft telephone pole to zip down the cable that looks thin enough to break in two! It was freeing and in an odd way reaffirming that I still have it in me to be adventurous!

I've been hiking recently, I'm still walking daily with friends and even started T-Tapping again.

More recently started to tutor a Bible study group of young people my age whom have never once opened the Word!!!

Hosted my first ever "Appreciation Dinner"  for our school's volunteer's which was a God thing (a real success!)

Was asked by my Pastor to lead out in an marriage seminar by Gary Smalley which starts next month!

Plus! I'm JOGGING again!!!

As well as sticking with Sparkpeople.com which is helping me to eat well and stay below the daily intake in the meantime I've already seen the pounds start to come off as well as the smaller sizes go on ;0)

In conclusion to all this excitement (sorry if it's too overwhelming and don't get me wrong..we are still broke ;) yet  I've learned a few wise things:

Life is not what you make of it..it's what you allow HIM to make of it for you.

 

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”- James 3:17-18

7 comments:

kris said...

congrats on the smaller sizes! WTG! I can just hear th happiness in your words! Keep it up!

Beach said...

Seems we are going through some of the same things lately. I am focusing so much less on things that were robbing me of my time, energy, and controlling my emotions. I am spending less time on my computer, more time reading, and staying on top of my workout and daily water intake. Glad to see things are going so well for you!!!!
Hugs, :) Heather S.

The Pennington Point said...

Good for you my friend. Jogging...wow! I am impressed. But I am really impressed with that telephone pole thing. I don't know if I could have done it.

It is so nice to be getting back on track and hearing from God no matter what your circumstances. Good for you my friend. Lisa~

Tamra said...

All this good news put a smile on my face, and seeing you give Him the credit and glory made me even happier!

TamraGirl.com

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, you have been BUSY!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Well said! All of it. I have had a real tough week and needed to read this. I've been very sad, overwhelmed and feeling lost.

Unknown said...

It makes such a difference when we can honestly say to the Lord "use me". Great post!