It’s the third week of school ~ so far so good!
Thank you Lord!
Here’s a snap I got on the first day of school.
And here’s one I took a week later after haircuts, yeah you should know I never do things in order ;)
I didn’t realize how much I appreciate the following:
Routine~I don’t know maybe because it feels like a more goal orientated day..and I love making goals!
Uniforms~ it just simplifies busy mornings.
Taking lunches ~ I really like that there’s still food in the house at the end of the day..no more summer snacking all day long ;)
Our school drive ~ I especially love this every morning because the minute we load in the car, snap on the seatbelts we pray together. Then we will sing a few memory verses and then talk about putting Gods Armor (Eph 6:10) on.
Most days one of the kids will ask questions some pretty serious questions and before I know it we are driving down the road having a bible study :)
This is so good..as our attention shifts from the negative and focuses on the positive.
Something that has taken me a long time to learn. I’m not kidding.
Because I’m not a “model mom or the clever family” more like the Simpsons at times.. let me make sure you understand…I’ll share with you the examples of negative moments coming from my mouth: “we wouldn’t be late if you would just stay on task!!” "well if you didn’t eat whose fault is that?!” “When you get home you will clean that room!~I can’t stand how you just won’t keep it clean!”
Ahem..get my drift? ;0/
However this is the past..a new morning dawns everyday..and with it new possibilities and choices!
Thank you Jesus!
Today I’m blessed to say HE is leading me by the hand, showing me His ways..this is only because I’m surrendering daily.
Most mornings I’ve been getting up earlier (5:30am) to journal, read His Word and pray. Thus seems to be the key..whew!
Don’t get me wrong..most mornings it’s rush rush rush..(and counting slow..to not blow up) but what I notice is when all of us are finish rushing and have made it to the car, we are all in one accord and enjoying this special time together.
Well look at me..I think I just went down a rabbit trail..hee hee..well this to be expected when your thoughts go to thankfulness.
And today friends, I am thankful.
With a thankful heart for this new year and it’s new beginnings.
Thankful for our churches school where my children can go to safely study while learning God’s Word with other children.
A place where daily praying together is a big part of the whole day.
Where they can enjoy the carefree moments children should have while they learn.
Thank you Lord for making a way!
I hope you all are experiencing ~ HIS sufficient grace :)
2 comments:
This is awesome...I am loving the routine of a normal school day myself. I am also enjoying being back to my workout and quiet time with the Lord in the mornings!
Hugs,
:) Heather
I'm with you on uniforms. I have been amazed though at how many ways my girls can make them look UN uniform. Individuality just comes out I guess.
The photos of your kids are great - such happy faces! The description of your drive to school was wonderful. You are a good Mommy Dawn.
Post a Comment