Summer is officially over here, now all that’s needed is for these Texas temps to coordinate then maybe it would feel more like Fall is around the corner.
It’s not that I’m ready for summer to be over.
Truth be told I wouldn’t mind another few months of it..as this summer has been the best summer I’ve had in years..years!
I can remember in April the only laid plans for our families summer was to work on a few house projects and spend time at Six Flags~ Fiesta Texas.
We did this..and then some.
A trip to the beach.
A 4th of July camping trip at Lake Buchannon.
Dam sliding w/some new friends.
Saturday night beach style v-ball, w/said friends and family.
Grilling and game night with our new friends family.
Tubing with the same family.
Kayaking and lots of eating out with that family again.
This will be a summer I’ll always remember, always, and not because of all the things we did.
It was because of the person(s) we did them with.
Meet my newest friend Heather whom I hope one day to convince her to start blogging ;) she said she started a blog a long time ago but never used it..something about writers block, like we don’t have this ;)
Anyways..here she is..my newest treasure!
And every bit as friendly as she looks here.
Such a blessing to watch her passion for others and family..so giving and loves a good dose of fun anytime!
I never thought I would have a special friendship like this..she gets me and on top of that she respects my marriage, values and family as if it where her own.
My dh feels about our friendship the same way, both of us really like the whole family! (Mark, Taylor, Millie, Tom, Hazy! Your all so cool!!)
The whole family totally rocks.
No really..they stand on the ROCK and thus reflect His love continually, it’s inspired me.
The more I get to know her the more I can say she’s the real thing..easy to understand..doesn’t hold back from giving in any way she can.
I thought my days of having a “special friend” (aside from my dh) to share life with was in the past..let me rephrase this..I have lots of friends.
On Face book, parents from my kids school, in our church family and even where I work.
However this type of friendship really only happens when God introduces them and it takes no work!
Her dd (thanks Millie!) cropped and edited this pix of us..and I couldn't have said it better.
“true friends are diamonds, precious, but rare"
Of course it’s not my favorite pix of me but it really captures just how comfortable I am in my own skin around her.
What a blessing to have met this mother of four, supportive wife and Christ follower :)
In a short time she has seen all my sides…the good~the bad and the ugly and still seems to like me..?
Besides all the fun I’ve had with her she has also given me wise counsel and been such an example of servitude..a God given talent because she makes it look to easy.
The only downfall..yeah there’s one or two of them about her. Hey, no one is perfect.
The first is she is leaving in just four short days..3, 2, 1 and whoosh gone! Wahhhhhhwwwwww! and this makes me cry, you made me cry Heather!
So there you have it..it’s a big reason why I wish summer wasn’t over yet.
We just started our friendship..and now her family is headed back home (another state) to get the kids in school and go back to life as it was before they up and decided to road trip for a year.
Still I know the Lord has plans for our friendship because this is one I never see ending.
I think we are going to spend the rest of our lives making plans to see each other as often as possible..and in the chance this is easier said then done there’s always Face book ;)
Oh and before I forget…that other fault of hers is this…she’s not a good at receiving..ahem..I’m in the process of teaching her this ;)
* Heather..thank you for blessing my life with your laughter and your loved ones! You will daily be in my thoughts and prayers!
Already looking forward to our first get together!
3 comments:
How precious! You are so blessed to have this special friendship, but I guess you already know that! So sorry she is leaving, but think of how much fun you can have planning your next get together!
Those precious friendships are definitely a gift from God aren't they!
How wonderful! God has blessed you with each other!
You are right - she has a friendly look about her :)
Post a Comment