At the end of each "love dare" day you complete, you check a tiny little box which IMHO should be a HUGE one indicating that you completed the task.
Especially if you can't- shouldn't or are learning to not say anything negative to him, but you found it really hard to bite your tongue when he said something you didn't agree with last night..WOW! Talk about a revelation I would've sooooo retaliated!
Instead this left him baffeled when I didn't respond in a negative word..instead remembering the passage "slow to speak, slow to anger and quick to listen.."
He would be so thankful at how awesome God is at clamping my mouth shut :0}
This morning the next "love dare" was to do something kind without him knowing or asking (on top of day 1 dare..so I made a mental list of what this could be without him knowing.
(TICK TOCK TICK TOCK)
Mentally checking off the list:
- make the bed ( really I don't like to but he does) but it's not really the "kind thing" I'm thinking that's more a joint thing and I should do it any ways..and this supposed to be just for him.
- put away all the laundry with out his help?
Well that would be kind when it means he doesn't have to look at it still..I do this often anyways.
- hmmmm....
- shave ;0p (giggling to self) I know that's kindness especially when I haven't in a week (blushing)
- eeeeeee......(chewing bottom lip)
- weeeeelllllllllllll....(clueless)
- BINGO!
- I'll take in his button down polo shirts to have starched and pressed for the rodeo and concert this Thursday night Toby Keith! And get this..without being asked!!! Yep kindness in the finest, right?!
Hey, hey this is BIG!
My dh usually has to do this himself (ironing that is..) cause he is soooo picky and I'm not. At all.
It's the air forces fault really for ruining him this way.
I know I know the day's not over yet..but I figure between now the the next few hours..I can get this next "tiny" check..seriously that was a BIG typo..they really should revise this ;0)
I might..might..even set up the massage table and give him a rub down before bed..if I feel like I need to do more.
What do you think..was I kind enough?
5 comments:
Hope y'all enjoy it, we did!!!!
Hugs,
:) Heather
I am so gonna love these posts!!! Great act of kindness with the shirt. I'm jealous of the concert!! Love ya!!
I'm sure he'll love it! I started starching and pressing Larry's dress shirts at home a couple years ago... a true act of selfless love on my part (I hate to iron) but one I knew he'd truly, truly appreciate as he hates the starch most cleaners use. Isn't it fun to "key in" to something like that for our men???
Just found your blog--LOVE IT. I think anything that's 1) out the ordinary, 2) something that's done for him, and 3) something he would notice can and does "count". I can tell you (having been twice divorced, and currently blissfully happily married to the man of my prayers), these things MATTER--more for your heart than for "situational/circumstantial" happiness. Something wonderful happens inside of us when we truly respect our husbands and try to put them second only to God in our lives. Thank you for sharing yourself with the world!!
:D
wow..massage table!
I think you did great girl...this post is also speaking to me, since I'm dealing with some 'stuff' that I have held within my heart for far too long and needs to be dealt with,,and only through God's grace and mercy....
Post a Comment