I LOVE Love love hearing/finding more information related to this. And to share I've copied off my new found friend, Thanks Paula!
Added bonus's of intermitting fasting,
"Studies showed that decreasing calorie intake by roughly 40% was enough to substantially increase longevity as well as reduce the risk of diabetes, blood clots, Alzheimer's, heart failure, and a variety of other diseases. The problem with calorie restriction, however, is that no one wants to be hungry all of the time.
It turns out that intermittent fasting, or normal consumption with temporary spurts of reduced calorie intake, has all of the same health benefits of calorie restriction, without actually reducing total calorie consumption. Here are some examples of the health benefits associated with calorie restriction and how they compare to intermittent fasting.
Decreased sensitivity to insulin, the hormone that helps control sugar levels in the blood, can lead to type II diabetes. In type II diabetes, more insulin is needed to deal with a given glucose load than is normally necessary. Eventually, the disease progresses to a point where the pancreas cannot produce enough insulin and the individual then requires insulin "sensitizing" medications or insulin injections. Early evidence showed that calorie restriction increased insulin sensitivity and improved the outlook for patients with type II diabetes.Now, a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, the preeminent research institution in the United States, finds that intermittent fasting has all of the same benefits as calorie restriction with regard to diabetes.
In fact, intermittent fasting produced better results than calorie restriction with lower blood sugar levels and greater increases in insulin sensitivity.
Read the entire article for yourself...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2555147/health_benefits_of_intermittent_fasting.html?cat=51
4 comments:
Very interesting....I'll have to show this to my hubby who has Type II diabetes.
Sounds very interesting indeed Dawn.
Yay!! I just love articles that confirm what God has called us to do. Love ya!!! Thanks for sharing a link to my blog.
Very good. I'm glad you got more confirmation. I really need to download the ebook (I've never done that before).
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment