This is all about sharing details details details..because tonight I need such a podium to
PRAISE GOD from WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!
Here on the home front tonight marks the first night of our families two week Cmas Vacation!
Where are we going?
What are we doing?
And why is this girl so giddy?
Well~this vacation is coming at perfect timing!
As you see we planned on a vaca during the week of Thanksgiving but the company needed dh in Canada so out the window with our plans, again.
Not because of ski trips or traveling anywheres for that matter, as we are staying focused to live like noone else now, so that we can live like noone else later ;) A D.Ramsey thing.
Where was I?
Oh yeah..timing!
Just this past week we where abundantly blessed with some material we've needed for our home building project from the get go but was not at the top of the list until we just had to break down for it.
Something to do with this $$$.
So the story goes.
I don't work on Fridays..ever.
It's a Sabbath thing and it's a day already full of tooo much to do.
But as it would happen I had to redo a color (gasp) that didn't take and slid right off the clients hair without so much a drop of water on it. Weird.
Now this is not the first time I've had redo..but it's been so long that I can't recall when..talk about ego crush.
Now you should know that when I'm dealing with hard to process hair, I usaully pray for help. I did.
And in faith I was sure it would work out fine. It did.
Then the client called the next day...I was like ooooookkkkkkk let's re-book and see if we can fix this she booked and I went in on a Thursday, waited and waited.
She never showed..arggggghhhh.
She finally calls to explain she had to work late. I understood and told her it would have to wait until next Tuesday. She was quick to say that her hair was turning greyish blue..?!?!
And without even shampooing!
How is this possiable?
(with God all things are..)
I felt bad for her, and for the fact I had already deposited her check so I made arrangements to do her hair the next afternoon.
Friday: after meeting up with her, my dh comes by the shop to pickup the kids after work says he's going to go by Home Depot to get a few supplies while he is waiting on me.
The color went on everything was as it should've been this first time. No idea what chemically happened.
Later he comes back in to pick me up for dinner and is in the state of amazement.
Explaining he happened upon a really great deal..a major blessing from the Lord.
As he was walking through the store, kids in tow, he decides to check on some wiring.
The rep for this product was there for. just. that. very. moment and offered my dh $1200-$1300 of wire for only $134!
A great Christmas gift!
The only way this would have happened is by an unanswered prayer.
That is A GOD THING!
And it just keeps getting better and better.
Turns out one of the upstairs bedrooms will be done within this "vacation" and if it couldn't get any better, it does!
This week I got a surprise call from a dear friend who was looking to visit and catch up..it's been months like three at least. So today at her home we where catching up when in comes her dh hears about our pending plans and says..tell "dh" to give me a call and I'll come over to help whip out some of these projects.
People this is his trade.
So I'm like really, how much?
FREE..yep free.
We have done everything ourselves. Not one "friend" has ever offered to help.
Time and time again I have wondered when my dh would be paid back for all the times he has helped others at their homes.
It has and all at the perfect timing..GOD IS GOOD!
You know, sometimes when I'm frustrated about how s-l-o-w things tend to go and pray about it BAM he does something again :)
I'm amazed how paths cross.
HIS timing is a part of the grand scheme of things.
Just when I don't understand ~ HE does HIS thing.
5 comments:
Yay, that is awesome news!!!
Girl, that is strange about your client. I'm sure you were concerned. I'd be freaking out if my hair was turning grayish blue. Oh my. I'm glad it all worked out!
I can't wait to see pictures of your new rooms.
How cool! I love hearing your stories! Lisa~
That is so AWESOME!!!!
Hugs, :) Heather
Look at our Lord work! He is soooo perfect.
girl... hated it when I did hair and stuff would go wrong with no explanation! But the way God works is amazing and I needed to read this today! Come visit when you get a minute, I have a GREAT God story for the Christmas season... just give me a few minutes because I haven't blogged it yet!! ;) Missed you but I'm back to blogging and reading my faves!
Post a Comment