Thursday

"mom can I pray?"

 

I think, no, I know  I'm not the only mom to rejoice at this request, even if it is 45 min past their bedtime.

This question will stop me in my tracks every time..what a privilege to go before our Creators throne with our little ones as they beseech Him in prayers.

But this time.

Well it was just different.

It wasn't the same

"Lord help me to sleep and have a good day..etc."

Instead I heard this:

"..and when you come Jesus..I want to go  with you..."

Truthfully I didn't hear another word after this request from my 5 yr old boy.

But then he goes and sweetens the deal..

"In Jesus name Amen..." Mom nobody knows when He's coming..but He's coming and when I see Him I'm gonna say..

(insert a cowboys drawled out accent)

"It showure took you a lonnnggg time.."

And this is where I XOXOXOXOX's him goodnight.

How very AWESOME to witness their childlike faith!

So awesome I had to sit down here to share with you..cause girls this here is what I call good blog fodder!

You still here?

Well then here's my two cents worth.

Ask your kids to pray and when you do..I suggest you be quite and listen to their talk with the Lord..afterwards encourage them that there's nothing to silly to talk to Him about, this will make Him approachable to them in their own eyes! Then watch as they become more and more respectful and act according to the Holy Spirit's leading.

and Jesus said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19:14 (NIV)

 

 

7 comments:

j said...

Oh Dawn. This was precious all the way around. I love what he is planning to say when he sees Jesus! Ha! I bet it makes Him grin too.

I love your faithful family!

Unknown said...

How wonderful and precious!! Love to listen to little ones prayers.

Beach said...

How special is that....always love reading your posts, they lift me up!
Hugs, :) Heather

The Pennington Point said...

That is so sweet. Lisa~

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

That is precious! I LOVE hearing my children pray. They just keep growing in their personal connection with Jesus. You have many more wonderful prayers to hear in the future I am sure! Blessings~

Gypsy said...

I have listened to my grandchildren pray, and it is amazing. God would prefer us to have the faith of children and come to him as full of faith and love as they are. They really really believe with no doubts or questions. Pure love of Jesus <3