This has been the question I've had when I knew I needed to share this testimony.
Well I guess the best place is at the beginning but I have to warn you of the lengthiness in this post.
The Sunday before last..we were wrapping up our first camping trip and ready to pack it up for the long 10 min drive home..did you get that?
We didn't or don't have to go far for a nice stay outside in a tent with a fire ring and some s'mores..yep..we are blessed this way and this year made a "family pact" to go camping every third weekend in the summer, even if it's just down the road.
I'm such a bad bad blogger, not only have I not "shared" this experience..it gets worse..I didn't even get ANY pictures of this first time camping experience for the kids..I know..go ahead get something to throw at me!
I did however get a few boat shots:
Anyways ~
In the very same water above the following morning the kids asked to go swimming one more time before leaving.
Sure.
Down by the river for only 10 min when I saw this:
(thank you goggle.com for the image)
No I didn't take this pix..because I was to busy
running towards it as it was swimming aggressively towards my children.
Once it saw or was aware of our shouts and noise it turned tail and took off the other direction.
All the kids are out of the water and I'm thanking the Lord HE directed my eyes on it before my children were harmed.
The kids unaffected by the scare where ready to get this..get back in!
Me..not so much!
I'm like..uhn..NO.
Even dh says "well.. it was just headed across the river."
And I said like every mother does.."I don't know that but I do know where there's one there's another."
And not two minutes later here comes another from the same direction.
Needless to say we (I) was done for the whole weekend.
After reporting the sighting to the camp office..we went on home to put away; clean up and get ready for a graduation celebration that evening at our church.
Not another thought..that is until.
Monday when my mom calls and says: "help I hurt myself". Dropping everything I drove over to find out she dropped a heavy landscape brick when a..(guess?) snake was found underneath.
She was ok..but really it just stirred up my previous day memories.
Then I'm out on Tuesday at a friends river and low and behold another but this one looked like this:

She said it was harmless..but I was unnerved.
Then Friday comes and we were invited to go "crabbing in a creek" o'boy sounds fun right?!
Well it wasn't the Hilton.
I went to be a "super trooper mom" but with much apprehension.
And sure enough I was not let down as I spotted (read nearly stepped on) two of these:

I've had enough by then and was feeling spiritually concerned as well emotionally drained from to much of it.
My dear friend (who calls me a trooper) says "hey let's take the kids to the deeper part and let them swim awhile."
Alright..sure.
I'm really not alright at this point.
We head down and the kids are in delight to once again be in the water..which is so stirred up by the dirt you can't see through the water..I'm none to pleased.
But I just stand (guard) looking around and being aware of possibilities. I was not alone because Sasha..my friends beautiful golden retriever was also busy nearby hunting.

(a look alike from google.com)
Only a few minutes into this excursion and I see her flinging something around.
Wanna guess? Man your smart!

Yep your right..this was my 7th one to see in one week!
More then I've seen in my lifetime..so you can imagine when I said "done I'm done..time to get to some clear BLUE water where the chemicals are so high that wildlife can't live..yep done." ME.
My dear friend obliged saying: "you've been a real trooper and your right to feel this way."
We left and headed to the local pool and relaxed the rest of the day.
But the story doesn't end there..nope I had a realization later come through for me.
Spiritual symbolic's~ if you will.
If you know what this means then you will see that what I'm about to share to be a very rich and rewarding experience for me and now I hope for you also.
If you don't then you may want to stop here and avoid confusing yourself.
That "golden retriever" approached the serpent without fear. She immobilized it. Dead set on protecting and bringing about punishment to the intruder.
She flung and flipped and ripped it's guts out.
She killed it.
And even afterwards as it still twitched to it's death, she stood guard over it growling as if daring it to move.
I have never seen anything so up close and personnel nor will I ever forget witnessing such a traumatic event.
I was shocked and excited to witness the defeat that took place. Goose bumps.
My LORD IS BIGGER! I know..however my mind is tiny and can only understand in the most minutest amounts and so HE demonstrated with HIS number 7..and using a
golden- of the greatest value or importance; precious
retriever - To rescue or save
And it seems to me it was the reminder I needed to understand and remember that our Protector; Savior and Hound for Heaven..is and always will be here for me.
While the serpent is still free and at large causing fear..at this time, he knows his time is near and his punishment will be finale.
And like Sasha the golden retriever, Jesus will be the finisher.
Since then I've not seen a live snake..only a few on the road killed. Praise the Lord!
However I caution anyone to be aware for it seems most are in pairs and mating at this time. As to the spiritual side of this I also caution you to arm yourselves in the Word of the GOD and put your trust in HIM whom came to save you.
It's not a matter of maybe you will be attacked, it's a matter of when.
Genesis 3:15 (The Message)
14-15 God told the serpent:
"Because you've done this, you're cursed,
cursed beyond all cattle and wild animals,
Cursed to slink on your belly
and eat dirt all your life.
I'm declaring war between you and the Woman,
between your offspring and hers.
He'll wound your head,
you'll wound his heel."
However we've many promises and here's just one of them:
Deuteronomy 20:4
"For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

9 comments:
Ok, first, may I just SCREAM?!?!?!? Yak, ick, arg ... I HATE snakes. And I would have especially freaked if one had been swimming towards my child!
Ok, on a spiritual note, I totally see what you are saying. The scripture that came to my mind was Deuteronomy 28:7, "The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven."
Again ... ick, but thanks for sharing. I'm glad everyone is OK!
Love,
Beth
WOW that is just crazy to see that many....I too have never seen that many in my lifetime either (aside from the zoo of course). What a lesson that was though!!!!
Hugs, :) Heather S.
Thinking of and praying for you!
YES...I have had a similar experience..and with a golden retriever,
named Squealer....remind me to tell you sometime..by the way..remember my driveway story not so long ago?...auntie karen
ps....awsome revelation....auntie karen
Chills are rolling after reading your post. I think what happened had so much spiritual significance! God made an impression and drove the point home. And look at how undone you were by the seventh sighting - you were shaken. And look how bold and confident IN THE LORD you were by the end.
I get this post Dawn, and I am praising God with you that He loves you so much to protect your family and yet give you a revelation in such a personal way.
Love in Christ!
He is awesome to show you Himself and His enemies in such a very real way. Weird, but awesome. Lisa~ (walk slowly and carry a big stick!)
omg your gonna love this dawn, dad was out in the piggy pen and bugsey started barking and raising hell so dad went to see what was wrong, bugs had the snake cornered and frozen, dad got a shovel and proceeded to take its head off lol its now draped over my fence, old german folk lore says if you kill a snake and hang it on the fence it will rain, so big brave nana grabbed the snake, niki almost had a heart attack and i put it over my fence, okay wheres the rain....whats with all the snakes lol
Wow! What a great testimony! God is so good to use things around us to teach us of his protecting power and plan.
I am not real fond of snakes either, but what I am most impressed by is that after all those scares and close calls... you were able to see through it and "get" what the Lord was revealing to you!
Awesome. Thanks for sharing that with us!
Have you heard of a snake gun?
Just wondering.
I love it when God brings to mind a lesson from our experiences.
Post a Comment