Wednesday

a (wo) man with a plan

 

Most would agree "dieting" is no fun and the word is usually detested.

However using the spark plans /menus  it has been quite the opposite!

Everyday since starting it only takes a few minutes to look up the choices on the nutrition menu and it's a done deal,  and fun at that!

Years ago I went to a "mayo fat clinic" for some diet pills but before this could happened you had to go through a "class" after listening to the recorded voice on a tape player (of the Doc prescribing said pills) about what to eat and not to eat..I was weary and already discouraged thinking "how will I ever remember all this!"  The pills helped to motivate but the work is done externally and as soon as you stop taking meds it was back to square one.

I think the spark guy (Chris @ sparkpeople.com) knew this hence his site..it does it all for you. Encourages ; educates; informs you of your goals daily; support with lots of other dieters; and the list goes on.

The first time dieted I lost 32 lbs in 5wks..I remember it being hard and serious because I didn't have the time to food journal to add up everything myself. Eventually like every young family starting out or like every young women whose lost weight~I got pregnant.

Years later after Sissy turned one, I tried again to eat fresher healthier foods..running 2 1/2 miles everyday 4-5 x's a week managing to drop 38lbs in 9wks.  I wasn't keeping a journal or pictures or even "me up front" and again I crashed when we moved into trying times causing me to spiral into depression you already know about that.

Since "facing giants" in my life I can say this time even though it's gonna take longer to  drop to my goal weight of 145lbs I'm prepared to wait out the results of good choice making and staying active. 

Right now I'm 220lbs..my first goal is 170lbs (this is before kids weight) then I'll start a new goal to 145lbs (before marriage weight).

I know 75lbs sounds like a lot to loss but it's within my reach and I have a great plan towards it and now when I stumble I have this new accountability partner waiting with lots of testimonies and support for FREE!

Every morning now, I look forward to planning out the meals in the day while asking God to help me stay the course.

When you plan..you succeed how easy is that!

If you like me are struggling to gain control in this area ..come join me here it's easy and rewarding!

 

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.”- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

As someone who has lost 100 pounds, I know it can be tough at times, but keep reaching for mini-goals, and you'll arrive at your ultimate goal in no time! :)

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have a great plan and some good support.

One More Equals Four said...

Love Sparkpeople! They have lots of workout plans, etc. too...good luck!