Hi all..
Finally ~ here I am ready to report in that I'm doing fairly well. Praise the Lord!
Here's the how the past four days went for those who like details..most all bloggers ;)
Tuesday:
Right as we pulled into the Surgery Center parking garage at 10:17am the cell phone rang and it was a nurse wanting to know if I was on my way and how long would it be before I got there?
Letting her know we were just outside, she explained the Doc's case before me finished up early and that they were ready for me. Wham bam thank you mam..it was a fast ride.
After signing in, changing into that adorable gown, IV inserted from a really good nurse immediately following my Doc coming in to draw on me and then it was like 18 mins later that I was being rolled into surgery although I don't remember this because I was already sedated..such a lightweight when it comes to drugs. It's comical.
The only thing I can recall is the surgery nurse asking me to slide over to the surgery table and then I was out.
From about 11am to 5:30pm I was out cold..the surgery took 3 1/2 hrs..but because I'm such a light weight the nurse couldn't get me awake soon afterwards so recovery was taking allot longer then usual which put my family on edge.
However when I first woke I kept saying "it's burning..it's burning.." and then felt them give me a shot in the "but-tey" quickly..not a nice wake up call.
Then I had the thought "when will we be done already?!"
And it was..surprise surprise it was as if I closed my eyes for a minute.
Afterwards the ride to my sisters wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but of coarse this would be due to the feel good pills I popped before ever exiting the garage.
Wednesday:
We stayed overnight with my sister in the big city as I had an appt. the next afternoon for the Doc to ck my badges and change my dressing..another 3min appt.
It was a rainy and cold day and I was glad to not have to be out in it to much. But you know what they say "when it rains it pours.." our Yukon decided to have a fuel pump problem so we weren't able to go anywhere and had to depend on our families help. They all pulled through for us.
My sis took off of work, sent us in her truck when we got there the Doc asked if I wanted to see it? I shook my head and my dh looked at me and said "it really looks good , look really" so with that encouragement I did and they did?!
Afterwards I crawled back into bed at my sisters and when she got off of work we met my stepmother half way to bring me home again. My big sis was happy to have me with her and wanted me to continue to stay but you know there's no place like home..she knew that I was really nervous about the whole thing and was very encouraging that I looked great!
She also had the same procedure done years ago so she knew what I was up for.
Thursday:
Was when the kids came home and have been especially helpful and careful around me..then my momma over after only 3 hours of sleep to be with me. She was very relieved and excited to see the new improvement. She also brought me clover plant balloon and made me a delicious chicken pot pie and some wonderful confection of strawberry cake..I was glad for the home cooked goodness!
She stayed with me and the kids while dh and his dad went to tow our Yukon back home.
Since being home family have come by to check on me..and it's funny to see the jaws drop because of the amount of weight that I carried before not being there now.
Today:
I'm weaning off the pain pills and feeling a little less like I'm walking stiff..or with a shelf of bricks attached to me..weird feeling.
Both dh and I are happy and pleased with how well the Dr. did and that I'm not unporportioned.
Still you don't realize how much you use your arms and upper body for everything, which I'm not allowed to do right now.
The only reason I'm able to reach a keyboard is because my sweet mother brought over her laptop for me to use while passing the hours of standstill.
The only complaint I have is that I would love to take a shower but that's not possible until Monday the earliest..ehg. So sponge bath it is.
From what my dh can see he thinks there's over 2 ft. cut area of stitches which the Doc said was the reason for a 3 1/2 hour procedure!
Apparently more than 1000 stitches.
So here I am in recovery feeling a little less anxious and blessed that I have all I need right at hand.
Thanks for you prayers and support..I hope to post before and afters soon because I really can't wait to hear your reaction.
Blessings!
11 comments:
It's wonderful to have such a supportive family, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well...and I'm sure you will be glad to shower on Monday!
Oh I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see the before and after also!
So glad your recovering and all I can say about the cutting and stitching is- WOW!
So glad to hear that you are doing so well. Sounds like your family is taking extra good care of you!
Happy to hear you are doing well and you have such a loving family.
That's a lot of stitches...whoa!
Cannot wait to see before and after pics. So happy for you.
Soooo glad you like them and that the surgery went well. You were in my prayers and still are. That's a lot of stitches. Get some rest while you have help!
I'm so happy to hear how well you are doing!! Can't wait to see the before and afters!!
~TidyMom
I am soooo glad you are recovering well. I can wait to see you!!
Praying for continued rest and healing.
in Him,
GfG
i cant wait to see you but will give you a few more days, i am really excited for you. what a blessing to be a normal size :) will see you soon nana
What a post! Thanks for using your arms to let us know how you are doing. I can't wait to see those pictures, or better yet...see you in person. I am so, so glad the whole thing is behind you and now all you have to do is recover. (I may opt to wait to see you in person until after you've taken that shower LOL!) Lisa~
Good, good. Glad it's all done! So... I'm guessing you won't be in church today? :0) Not cuz of stitches, but rather the lack of showering...
Holler if you need some tater soup!
Post a Comment