Tuesday

March 10th

is the day I will become a smaller me..read here for more details.

I really can't believe it's happening..for years, years and years I've denied the possibility that I very much should and could and now can have this alteration.

Here it is staring me square in the eyes..the Doctor said "defiantly" and insurance said "no questioned asks" and the pictures of the before shots well they said "HELLO~ you are way overdue!"

Since I began this endeavor to change I've started walking again as it's been said where one change is made other areas tend to stand out more..so we are talking "life change" people!

And I'm praying more often about this which has prompted the desire to walk everyday while also pushing away those unnecessary calories.

However after getting the "green light" this afternoon..I began to feel ill headache; queasiness; fatigue all hit me pretty hard this evening and I thought maybe I was coming down with the flu.

When a friend called tonight I asked her what she thought I could do naturally to relieve this by this time I started to wonder if it wasn't a case of nerves?

Because I also felt like I wanted to cry also..

She said: " magnesium; reading Psalms and claiming promises and to go ahead and have that good cry."

A good friend indeed..here I am a few hours later.

My dh told me to cry..encouraged me to talk about the fears..reassured me it would be alright..a good man.

Feeling so much better now..but I'll warn you..there may be allot of this in future posts..as it's my life it's where I'm at and it's mostly all I can think about.

So how are you?

Have a good cry lately?

Why do they make you feel good afterwards?

9 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Well maybe this procedure is just what you needed.

I have cried today too...and have no idea why. Just felt overwhelmed with sadness earlier today. I guess it's part of being a female.
*plus I had a mammo!

Bee said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you. I had this done 20+ years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done. As far as the surgery went, well, it was surgery. But it wasn't a bad one.

Now, we know I didn't stick with all of the other life-style changes like I should have so I gained weight since then. But for a while, it was marvelous!

Hang in there and know that I'll have you in my prayers.

One More Equals Four said...

I don't know why a good cry helps, but it always does! I am so glad you are feeling better!

I will keep you, and your life changes, in my prayers!

Simply_Pam said...

Oh Dawn I just read the news. It's ok to be scared.. it's something new and we often fear change! It will be wondrful !!! I'm so excited for you, and you know we will all be here for you. Love Mom

Dawn said...

There's just something about a good cry that nothing else could "cure." It's better to let those emotions out than to bottle them up!

Blessings!

kris said...

Will be praying for you! All you're feeling is perfectly normal, maybe the world wuold be a better place if we all let it out once in a while! Can't wait to hear about the "new you". WIll miss your posts while you're recovering!

Muthering Heights said...

I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you feel sooooo much better when all is said and done!

Beach said...

Bless your heart.....love ya girl!!!
Heather S.

Sara said...

Crying releases those toxins from your body. It's good to get toxins out of anything!

Have no fear - the Lord your God is with you. (and your friends will make you dinner :0)

Tell your DH I said Proverbs 5:17-19 NIV. (Perhaps slightly out of context...)