Wednesday

Monday mammo..

mammogram-388460 This is a pre-op thing I have to do along with needles and lab tests (shivers) but here's what I want to know.."can I have what she's having?" because it doesn't look all that painful and well her nurse   reminds me of the helpful receptionist I spoke with today on the phone.

As it turns out they where booked until March 18th.

When she realized I was already scheduled for surgery she asked me to hold on the line so she could "call in a favor" of the imagery tech and managed to squeeze me in (literally). She then informs me that her niece had the same surgery recently in which they removed 9 1/2 lbs!  wooh..and I thought 5lbs was a lot.

After wishing me luck she said "bye sis" ??? I thought I heard her a few times refer to me as "sis" but until the end I wasn't sure?! But since she was so friendly and helpful I didn't mind her calling me "sis" the whole time..even if it was weird.

So most whom I've spoken with have "heard" this kind of thing can be uncomfortable and sometimes hurt if your lacking which is NOT the case here..ironic though how most have heard and rarely have had it done and to think it's a life saving procedure?!.

After Monday I'll know for sure  if the answer looks anything like that pix. ;)

 

BTW~ thanks to Scraps of Sara I had a really good laugh at this scripture go read to the rest of you sweet peeps..I heart your comments :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn, i went last week and had my mammo done thats a once a yr deal and let me tell you its come along way baby, my techie was ever so gental and didn't squish me till it almost burst lol and i already got my result back to boot a nice normal set of boobs lol nana

Muthering Heights said...

I've never had one before, but they sound so scary!!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

I have to get them done often and I had one on Tues. I don't feel any pain, just pressure and I always have tender C's. ;)
I think you will be fine and it's over VERY fast.

j said...

I have never had a Mammo. It's one the to do list... I am just not good at taking care of me.

Wow. You are going through an interesting time in your life. Grab a notebook and WRITE your thoughts and prayers down. It might be interesting to you later.

Love ya Sis :)

Valarie Lea said...

Jessie and Jennifer get yourself a mammy now!!!

Dawn I don't know how it feels to have one if you have sumthin sumthin going on up top. I am a member of the IBTC and it was not that bad, I do have to say they have to work really hard to get anything up on that squisher though. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a good reminder. We ALL need to go.

Beach said...

Just remember we are pulling for you and how great you are going to feel afterwards.....let me know if there is anyway I can help!!!!
:) Heather S.

Audrey said...

Regarding your comment...

That post you recommended to me moved me to tears... and please know that it takes a LOT to make me cry! Thank you so much for directing me to that!

kris said...

I'm with Valarie in the smaller club! THough my ribs always are sore the next day. Pop a few Advil an hour before and you'll do fine! I don't think you'll look a whole lot like the lady in the pic no matter what you do! ;)Loved the scripture!

Tammy said...

I once heard someone compare a mammogram like closing your breasts in the freezer door..... pretty much sums it up.

:-D