OK so my mom has done just about everything for my SIL's shower coming up this Sunday..minus my job. (yet..)
And while I'm a firm believer in pulling out all the stops for parties..I usually don't get most of it done till the night before (adrenal or something like that?)..so today I am (right now ..mom... don't get panicky on me.) making the corsage for momma, putting together a guest book with pages for comments, pictures and gift notes.
And then I'll finish the baby blanket that looks more like a doily but in my opinion~ unique.
{Pix coming soon..}
Lastly ~ baby shower games. I need at least three ideas..and yes I've been online but some are so typical and expected.
So this is where you can help, which ones are your favorites? I want the one's that gave everyone a giggle..one's that "broke the ice" and even one's that made the church ladies blush.
Thanks girls I knew I could depend on you!
6 comments:
Well it didn't neccesarily make me giggle, but I went to one a couple of weeks ago and they had this really tall vase and they stuffed it with diapers and you had to right down your guess on how many diapers fit in the vase.
Give everyone a clothes pin (the spring kind) to clip to their sleeve. The rule is that no one can say the word "baby" during the shower. If you hear someone say that work, you take their clothes pin (or pins if they've collected them from others). At the end of the shower, the person with the most pins wins a prize.
Word of caution... I've been to a few showers where some ladies totally get into this game and just about tackle each other trying to retrieve pins from offenders!
Have fun!
I really like the game in which participants have to hang baby clothes on a "clothesline," put on lipstick, and put on a button down shirt while holding a telephone and a baby doll - the players are timed as they accomplish the tasks. I HATE shower games, but I really like this one!
Oh, I wish I could help you but I am TERRIBLE at stuff like this.
There's always the trying to guess what the unlabeled baby foods are.
Or setting a paper plate on TOP of your head and drawing a baby. Mom picks which drawing is best.
That's all I got.
Wait. When did you post this? Maybe the party's over?! LOL
Tamra @ it all started with a kiss
www.tamragirl.com
I've done the clothes pin one before and it's a good one! Hope you all have a wonderful time.
Love your new profile pic, btw.
I got nothin' YOu would think as many showers as I have attended for my one kiddos I could help a girl out, but my brain is overworked right now and I can't think of a thing, sorry. Hope you have a great party...and I definitely want to see pictures of that blanket!
Post a Comment