You know the one..
He loves me..
He loves me not..
He loves me..
He loves me not..
Child's play, yes.
Whimsical, maybe.
However I've noticed even in marriage I've played this game.
Let's be honest..haven't we all at one time or another.
What about that very short haircut you got without first consulting dh ?
"he will love me..he will love me not..he will love me.."
Or maybe when the dreaded credit card bill with more charges then planned for arrived?
"he loves me..he loves me not..he loves me.."
How about the time when you had no monies in the bank and the "now or never sale" was so important that you "floated" a check till the next day..only the automatic deposit didn't come in till the following week and your snowball banking error made frosty the snowman look like a midget?
"he loves me..he loves me not..he loves me.."
I used to think it was according to how I "performed" that I could earn or not earn Love.
This was before understanding that LOVE is not ours to give or earn for that matter.
(Stay with me here...I'm getting to the mushy part ;)
Since GOD is LOVE, it's GOD'S to give.
Now in understanding this.. THE Creator of "all things petals" didn't design it to end on"he loves me not."
Because HIS love is without end.
Understanding and trusting that this love will carry us through even the hardest of times and will certainly enable us to forgive and give others what we don't have to give of ourselves, HIS LOVE.
(Here comes the mush stuff ;)
Does my husband love me?
How could he not love this face?!
And there's no doubt he loves every inch of me!
How do I know this to be true?
Because he accepts Jesus as his Savior and as a result became a son to the Heavenly Farther who is the Author of LOVE.
Which is why I don't play that game anymore.
FYI: You also can link up your "love stuff" click below! 
And check out all the other great giveaways..
like mine!
20 comments:
well said girl!! that was awesome and so true!!!!!
How did you get so smart in such a short time.. it took me years to realize what love really was !
Great post!!!
I need to get mine finished and posted- but I'm having fun reading everyone elses posts about love!!
~TidyMom
Well said! That's when we can truly relax and know we are loved. Our Pastor says whenever we put God at the top of our marriage, we will have a good one.
Very sweet.
Happy Valentine's Day to you both!
loved this! I have played that game and this really hit home with me! Thanks!
Great post! And a good reminder that my husband loves the Lord and loves me unconditionally. Even when I goof up.
I'm so glad we have Jesus at the center of our marriage!
Have a blessed Valentine's week!
Very sweet post! I always enjoy your perspective. :)
Loved that! And Amen!
What a fantastic way of putting LOVE... I LOVE IT.
A very wonderful and thoughtful post. Thank-you for being such a wonderdul sponsor in the giveaway.
Great post! I laughed out loud at your cute face!
That's a wonderful perspective! And so true. Now if I can just remember that!!!
What a great story of your love and HIS love. I love my hubby better because of Jesus'. It's true!
great idea to not play that game anymore and just know for sure that he loves you! great post and very creative...thanks for sharing!
This was excellent. I laughed HARD at the floating check story. Not that it was funny but you sure did tell it well :)
Very well said, it is so easy to believe that love is dependent on performance. I told a friend the other day, I would have made a great Pharisee, I thrive on rules to follow, and feel good when I am accomplishing, of course the flip side of that is how useless, downtrodden I can feel when I don't live up to others', or more often my own, expectations! Thanks for a great post!
Beautiful put! Thanks for sharing the true reason for love. Swing by my blog to read my story! I'd love to have you.
Sweet
Lisa~
I am a bit late in visiting via the SWAK carnival, but what a great story!
Post a Comment