Sunday

closet crafter shares something so simple yet profound

     It all started here..

 DSCN1362

After digging through the stack of paperwork piled up around here.. I found clippings of my dh in different phases or events that took place in his young life and thought "how nice to look back and remember again".

Then I found this written at the bottom of a report Bunter had done for school..in my paper stash.RSCN1375

I was reminded of the first time I read this, it was  the very first time I ever wanted to save anything.

Witness to the direction he was looking to and the way he had expressed his trust in the Lord , well let's just say it was a monumental moment for this mom.

He also writes short stories and I'm not one to keep anything..really..nothing.

( I know shame on me..but I'm trying here.)

Hence the reason he will have a "keepsake scrap book"..no it's not loaded with all things scrap bookish but it will have what's most important to him, me and anyone else who wants to add to it.

Here's what I decided to use:

 DSCN1355DSCN1359

 DSCN1361

There you have it..simple & scrap worthy, I think.

I hope it's a nice surprise when he unwraps it and see's some of his work and favorite pix in there ;D

I think he'll be shocked mom is keeping anything?!

Oh' you have noooo idea..I'm not kidding.

 

I've also linked this post here..

 Eleventh Heaven_Page_803

11 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

That is a wonderful gift. BTW, your blog is so cute!

Beach said...

That is a great idea....he wouldn't like something girly being a guy and all so that is perfect! Good Job!
Heather S.

j said...

I ENVY you your ability to let stuff go. Seriously. I am a drawing keeper and you can get very over run with all of those papers times three. Feel proud of yourself for that ability.

And the album... SO impressive. I really like the stenciled initials. I am proud of your little crafty self!

One More Equals Four said...

Wow, very cute, and I love the simplicity! I am right there with you--I just am not a saver, I sometimes wonder if I will regret it someday but I dislike all the clutter! This is such a great way to save the really treasured stuff!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the simple things are the best.

Life on the farm... said...

It's that child like faith ... that I love!

Valarie Lea said...

Great idea! Right now each of my kids have a box. Jessie likes looking through it and just laughing at stuff she used to do. :)

heidi said...

Great idea!!! I'm not a keeper, either. My kids hate me for it.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That is really cool, Dawn! I'm really bad at saving my kids' things, too. I guess I need 9 notebooks to start their scrap books, huh! Thank you so much for linking up today and I'll look forward to seeing you next week!

Jenn said...

That's a wonderfully thoughtful idea! I'm sure he'll love it!

Carla said...

VERY smart!