Thursday

Pointing on Long Beach CA

Now some would say these pix are scrap worthy but I say ..nope for several reasons.

First off, look at that hair..how pathetic is that?!

"It's not like I didn't have time to fix it or primp ..I mean I didn't have any kids to control or dress for three whole days?!"

PICT0413  

And to make things comical..aside from my dh's shirt billowing out in this pix making him look humpbackish.

Here I am pointing out a motel ship across the harbor (I'd like to stay on) but there seems to be more pointing going on in this pix with my brazier that day?!

PICT0440

Dh tells me at the end of the day  " I thought you looked a little pointy today (laughs/snort/laughs)"

Seriously ...I'll likely never go back to that spot again..and now I'm stuck with this?! I digress note to self check mirror sideways, always.

PICT0439

Alas I will say it was so serene and quiet..fresh and blue.. this being the first time for either of us to be on the west coast.

I did allot of pointing waving saying hello as we passed by cause that's what we do here in Texas we are nice that way and very few if none returned the gesture instead they looked like I might mug them..weird. Maybe they were scared of my pointness?

Even so this was part of a three day excursion for a business trip, and it was a great getaway in the Fall 06'.

I really like Matt 5:14 and this pix reminds me of it!

PICT0417

 

Here's the translation from "The message"

Matthew 5:14
"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

 

 

 

Have a great FRO day and be sure to go ck out more by clicking the pix below!

frobutton1

11 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Well I have to say even in your pointiness, you looked pretty. I love that skirt :)

Kristen said...

Oh, I'm laughing at the 'pointiness' comment.

Too funny!

But a kid-free trip sounds divine...might have to plan another one of those soon!

Crayl said...

My oh my. It's true, when I moved away from a major Southern Californian city I was wierded out that people actually smiled at you! We aren't all so rude, I'd smile back at you, and maybe offer to help you shop, for new support ;)

Beach said...

LOL @ Crayl for helping you shop comment! Looks like it was a nice trip, beautiful too!
Heather S.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Don't you just love it when the husband says something to you... AFTER the fact?

Tammy said...

I am trying not to laugh too much here. And the fact your husband said nothing until after the fact is so funny. Ahem. Sorry.

littletoesandcheerios said...

You have a good point...or two!! You are cracking us up!!
You both still look very nice and it looks like a beautiful place.

Unknown said...

Oh, the brazier part cracked me up! Too Funny!

Muthering Heights said...

I can't believe he didn't mention the pointiness earlier! LOL!

One More Equals Four said...

Oh, what a fun trip. And no kids! I am laughing, hysterically, however! I never would have noticed the "pointing" if you hadn't POINTED it out...but now I can't stop laughing!

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, friend!! Funny stuff.

But, seriously, you could photoshop those points right... off... out... whatever.