Tuesday

Tackling fear of color...on a big wall

 

 

PICT0289 Here's two of the only before shots I had... PICT0425 (my clowns,an everyday

occurrence...)

From beginning to end...3 1/2 hours later  using a medium size brush...hey it was now or before I lost my nerve & I didn't need to go back to the home depot for a bigger one because I would have second guessed myself for the hundredth time...little brush stood up to the job!

 PICT0123

Darker colors such as this chocolaty one we choose can be nail biting intimidating for me. All it took was a small section and I was relieved to see it bring out the deep wood colors from both ceiling & flooring. Whew!

PLUS it's an exterior paint which should help with the kids going to and from.(We'll see?)

 PICT0125

Middle picture looks darker than it is...

 

PICT0126

And yes the kids repel from the balcony because we are cool like that...not. My dh needs to finish the railing and cut the post down also. Now that I got the wall painted maybe he'll get the hint...(hint hint..honey);0)

So does it make you want to eat some chocolate?

Now for the fun part...agreeing on light fixtures. This will be fun, as I've already returned two sets...but hey that's another tackle!

Thanks for visiting, here's more

"Tackle it Tuesday's"

 

19 comments:

Unknown said...

That color looks great! What bravery!! I'm not good at all with dark colors.

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! I love the color! Gimmee some CHOCOLATE!
You will have to see the inside of our house. LOL, brace yourself if you are afraid of color.

Anonymous said...

We painted my son's room two months ago and have been promising my daughter we would do hers, but it really is a hard chore!!! And I am not motivated yet!

Valarie Lea said...

Love the color!! Maybe its because its the same color as my living room.

By the way I got my key chain thing. Thank you so very much! It is the coolest thing. :)

Jena Webber said...

That color will also hide dirt nicely! Good job.

Anonymous said...

LOL
Great job! Love the color. And the space in wonderful!

God bless-
Amanda

thediaperdiaries said...

I am big fan of dark wall color. LOVE IT!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Looks great!

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

I love that color!

I don't know that my hubby would get the hint... it could take him a couple days to realize I even painted a wall. :)

Sara said...

You're too late... already ate some chocolate today. The breakfast of champions!

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like it. And I love the banister posts, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great color! I need to come see your house someday! Looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I like dark colors too, and you have a big space, I think it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Another one that loves the color! I have brown walls in my bedroom.--and love it!

I see that you have a boy that likes Indiana Jones? lol-- I do too.

Dawn said...

I love the color! I have brown in two rooms and haven't regretted it. Actually, I've considered using the same color in other rooms, too.

Good luck with the lighting. We wanted to replace the builder's grade outdoor lights on our home the minute we moved in FIVE years ago. We just did it this past spring. I can't tell you how many sets I bought and returned until we finally settled on teh ones currently on the house. Hope they don't ever break 'cause I'm not up to that job again! Ha!

Beach said...

I love the dark color it makes a room or area very cozy I think. Looks good you are becoming a DIY champion!!!
WOO HOO for you, Heather S.

Audra Krell said...

I love that color, it is so rich and straight up fun. Just like chocolate.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Oh my...I've been out all day and it was sooo nice to come back and not have any tomatoes thrown at me ;D Glad YOU ALL approved!

I'm starting to like it also!

Maddy said...

I need to tackle the hallway too. There are tide marks, several, but it's too big a job whilst they're all at home.
Best wishes