So I've been studying along side a few other blog sisters over at Prairie Chick's and wanted to invite you for a drink also as it's been very refreshing in this time of spiritual dryness for myself.
Everyday there's a new chapter waiting to be discovered and today's was this
As I read this I had feelings of fear came over me. For like Job I'm reminded that even those whom the Lord entrusted much to had also endured the test of times.
I learned that Hezekiah was twenty-five years old when he became king, reigning over Jerusalem for twenty-nine years. After spending 14 years fortifying the cities of Judah it was attacked and captured. (Isaiah 36:1) No matter though he trusted in the LORD,there was no other King like him either before or after him says (2 Kings 18:5)
Even to the point of sickness and let's not forget the prospect of having everything taken from him still he walked humbly before the Lord asking only to be spared so that He could continue to worship Him.
God spared him for HE knew this was true.
His Love for the Lord caused him to be a King who didn't store his treasures to himself, instead freely displayed and willingly shared or surrendered everything because it was not what he valued in His life.
( This is a KING where talking about?!
And yet am I willing to do this?)
Hezekiah only wanted to live to worship.
During a time of sacrifices and thank offerings before the final Atonement of Christ.
DO YOU SEE how easy WE HAVE IT?
OR for that matter how spoiled we are?
I know I've said this..."I don't mind death cause the next thing I get to see is Heaven and everything will be perfect then...(selfish motivation I'm thinking.)
What do we have to sacrifice, other then letting go of sin which if we are seeking to walk with the Lord we already should have.
Such a cushioned life and that fear was my first response?!
I so need to be at His well... and if you would like to get a free drink and fellowship please feel free to join us!
"Praising the Lord for His light in my life!"
3 comments:
I do need instructed in the hyperlinking-please!
I have been looking for an online Bible Study. I am going to check this out! Thanks for sharing what you are learning.
We do have it easy!! Wonderful post
Post a Comment