Here I am as a flower girl.
I had it down to a bratty science as this was my fourth wedding.
"Walk up the isle slowly, stand still, be quiet and don't let the ring bearer pick his nose or run up the isle."
In order to share this photo of me I have to explain the bittersweet story also...that little boy standing next to me was not the nose picking ring bearer running down the isle at this wedding...that would have been my real brother JR, ewh!
Nope ~this lil fellow's name was Jon who was the same age as the little picker and they were the best of buds. They used to compare their findings and gross me OUT!
As it was Jon was only five and always in a hurry (everywhere) I'm surprised he even stood still long enough for this photo.
Truth is it was this behavior that killed him...as later on in the year he ran across a busy street to give his older sister a drawing and was hit by a truck.
It happened right outside the business our families were in a partnership with.
It was a devastating time for us all and the start to allot of changes. As a result the business folded which set in motion my parents divorce leaving everyone involved wounded.
His parents moved away only also to later divorce then his mother came back to town to live with her mother. However this was only till she found out that dad was alone with us kids and she wanted to help which later turned into a marriage. Yes, like a novel I know.
His mom became my step mom for the next 10 years...until passing on during a surgery procedure.
She was an excellent step mom and I would have been proud to have had him as another little brother. (Even with all the gross things little brothers do.)
Now don't be sad ...this story has a happy ending.
Rejoice with me...as I know I will see him again running boundlessly in Heaven never having to look right or left...just flying right by me!
Wasn't he a Cutie?!
It's no wonder my little girl puts on such a show... like mother like daughter...as I have the whole "look at me I'm THE flower girl" written all over my face she has the "look at me I'm a princess look!"
(This was her 3rd "HIS Princess" B~day party)

21 comments:
What a bittersweet story. Despite all the tragedy, everyone seems to have found some happiness. Wonderful pics of your little one too.
Confessions of an Apron Queen
Bittersweet indeed. I'm left with tears in my eyes. I'm glad there has been some happiness at the end of all that sadness.
However, I'm bouyed by the beautiful pictures of your little one and her amazing smile!
Yep, she has the look! Now you just need a wedding for her to participate in as a flower girl. It's in her genes!
Blessings!
Oh it was sad... but JOY cometh in the morning. Thank you for the way you ended this post. And you are right - it reads like a novel.
Jen
Praise God that one day all will be well. Heaven gets sweeter and more real with each passing. Thanks you for this beautiful blog.
That is indeed a bittersweet story. I had to comment on the flower girl dress...it is the Princess Di dress, designed after her wedding gown. I borrowed one worn in someone else's wedding for my Jr. Prom. Looked just like that...I added a red sash just for flare for the prom.
That's so sad... :(
Bittersweet is right.
Your little girl is a true princess!
Wow, that is a tragic story, but one that you can see the good in. What a painful thing for a family to go thru! Our next door neighbor boy (same age) was killed in front of our house by an ice cream truck. That family fell apart too and it was very hard for my parents!
Even in those times, God is with us, huh?
I had 2nd thoughts about posting this but I knew allot of you would be asking about the cute boy in the pix with me...so I felt I had to tell the rest of the story... I believe everything happens for a reason.
For all things work to the good of those who serve the Lord!
It was because of this incident that hearts grew closer to the HIM..and I trust HE KNOWS WHAT HE's Doing :)
God does work in ways we do not understand. He takes bad things that happen and makes good out of them.
Genesis 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Bittersweet indeed. Not sure what else to say... except what a darling princess!
Oh, that was bittersweet. It's hard not to feel sad, but like you said everything happens for a reason. And, it's important to realize the GOOD and not focus on the pain & despair. He was a cutie. And will be even more so when you see him again.
Your daughter is precious! She does have the I'm a Princess look down pat. So cute!
Dawn, I am glad you can see the brighter side of the little boys death! And wow, I am glad you loved your step mother.
Your children are just beautiful!
I'm not sure what to say.. Praise God for keeping your heart and eyes on him.
Precious pics of your princess
What a touching post. Sad that a little boy lost his life. Yet sweet to know he is with our Heavenly Father.
Oh my, truth sometimes DOES read stranger than fiction!
I'm glad you loved your stepmom and that one day you'll be reunited with your stepbrother.
btw, your daughter is soooo cute!
Makes me hug my children a little tighter when I read stuff like this.
Adorable pics!
It certainly is a touching story... Thanks for sharing!
Sad story but sweet picture and love the princess shots she is as always adorable!!!!
Heather S.
Wow...what a story. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. It's our faith that gets us through. What a special picture that must be to you. The pictures of your daughter are adorable too.
Post a Comment