Monday

Weight loss Apron!

It's for real!!!

UPDATE: My digital died needed batteries! I hope this is not a sign of what's to come?!  SORRY I have no pix stored on file and I think I'm gonna cry if I don't get to play on THURSDAY w/FRO me 2 U! :0(

PICT0399  PICT0396

I'm sure your wondering what kind of hoax this is, right?

You see this is no ordinary apron as it came with a set of 316L stainless steal cookware that cost more then all the appliances in my kitchen, this set does everything but clean itself and for the prices it should do that too!

Two years ago my dh and I were invited to a "dinner party" my dad was hosting in hopes of receiving a replacement  kitchen tool from his past.

He says, "I need the both of you to come to a free dinner show so I can receive a free salad chopper I used to have a long time ago, it won't cost you anything and Grammy will watch the kids, you'll come right?"

(Free dinner + no kids = no brainer)

Shorten Version:

We went...

We saw...or they saw us coming?!

We become proud owners!

(And dear dad got his free gift)

We got one also after hosting our own "dinner show" and it looks like this:

175_SA005-SC - Saladmaster Machine - view 2

 

As a matter of fact we went on to claim all the bonus gifts (all-expense paid trip to CA. were we received more training and  "Cruise for two" which expired before we could find childcare for three?! Still bummed about that one!)

Weekly  we continued to serve up dinners, it was a team effort I cooked and dh educated the guest for the majority of  the dinner. Eventually we sold 2 sets of pots/pans while commissioning a pretty penny, seriously!

After my 26th dinner show we ran out of dinner guest otherwise we would have continued to cook "free meals" as it felt like a health ministry would.

For some (read most) it was not how or what they cooked in, nope it was a matter of what they liked to eat and how can one compete with pre-cooked highly preservative foods that taste delicious ly like cardboard and only cost mere pennies.

This didn't sway me though I continued to wear the apron that said "Salad Master - Wealth through Health inside a red outlined heart underneath reading we change lives!"

I learned how to cook w/out oils and butter ( I know...I know Paula Dean would faint if she knew this shhh) but I was serving nutritional meals daily to my family for the first time ever!

I lost 36lbs and felt super good in my swim suits that summer?!

I went from a tight 16 dress size to a lose fitting size 12! Everyone was very interested in my success until they saw the price tag and eating habit changes ...oh' well you win some you lose some.

Like all good things though it came to an end as my world went spinning out of control!

You see we packed up our entire house to move into a kitchen-less unfinished home (aka. house of faith project)

My "weight loss apron" went inside a storage box where it I would not remind me of "healthy choices" because it seemed that I was only able to cook in the S/M electric skillet or eat out...it seemed pointless to try  cooking the "Salad master" way, trust me when I say I wished I'd never taken it off !

It hasn't been until recently that I was able to unpack some of my kitchen stuff.

I found my one and only plain white apron with it's logo that helped me in more ways then one.

It now hangs in our newly built panty where I slip it on in hopes of renewing our relationship.  I have no doubt it will help size me up quite nicely again, if only I'd put it on more often.

There you go, it was a weight loss apron ~ to me.

Thank you for reading my linked apron story, as much as I would love a "pretty new vintage apron" I know that this one proved itself to me once before and is very forgiving of my waist line issues...one day when it's work is done I will honor it by continuing to wear aprons always.

So good luck to whomever signs up to win an apron and may your apron days truly make you feel every bit the women you are!

CHECK OUT "we are THAT family" for more apron info!

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Great story. I try to keep butter out of my house and use olive oil instead-very good on potatoes with a little garlic. I try to cook like Paula Dean only for special events. After eating one of her desserts you feel like you are going to get sugar diabetes!

Kristen said...

What a fun story! I loved reading it. I've never heard of those parties, but it sounds fun and appetizing! Can't wait to see that apron!

Joy said...

Awesome story! Okay, I need to get me one of THOSE aprons... I'm a 16 right now!

Valarie Lea said...

My MIL has that stuff, she has used it for years!! She of course has that chopper thingy and used it when she is doing cabbage. :)

The Apron Queen said...

Dang! I wish all aprons were weight loss ones. I'd start wearing mine to bed even! Get rid of that squishy jello that has taken up residence around my middle. :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Kama said...

That's a good story. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to seeing your apron as well.

Beach said...

I signed up for this giveaway....this is so much fun!!!! :) Heather S.

Anonymous said...

LOL, what a cute story!

Happy Mommy said...

I need a new pots and pans set.... I want to see the apron soon~!

Wani said...

Thanks for the encouragement on the T-Tapp front! I didn't realize how challenging just getting the proper stance would be! But we're sticking with it. I'll try to post updates on our results as things progress!

Kama said...

You're right...that IS an amazing apron! :)

The Apron Queen said...

Worth the wait. Very lovely. :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen