Sunday

Filling the bill...

 

 

First I apologize for not having any pix or video to upload with this post.

You see, I didn't see this event coming and didn't realize that afterwards I would want to share it with everyone.

This being said before you read you will need  spiritual ears to hear and eyes to read the following post.

Ahem...

 

It started as a typical Sabbath morning rushing to feed and dress our children while reminding them with those "you'd better stay clean or else" looks  as we make sure we had the church essentials (i.e. potluck dishes ;)  all while trying to apply make-up, hair and decide what to wear (read- what will fit) on myself. It just happens this way...each time, I confess.

Everyone corralled to the car in seat belted positions as we PAUSE for family prayer. This is were I ask the DHF to take my cares away for the next few hours or even whole day if HE sees fit (and oh' I forgot mascara) ~Amen

Down the road we found we should have left 3 min earlier to be in front of that car on a "Sunday drive" the whole way to town..."Hello it's Saturday!"  Turning up the radio to listen to our families favorite station for praise songs 101.5 FM as we putted along the road.

 

Finally arrived only 15 min late and still clean (Yay!) we rushed into our  assigned classes.

As yours truly the teacher spends the next hour entertaining the primary class with stories about Jesus showing us how to serve others first and "OBEY your parents in the Lord for this is right!" Eph 6:1 memory verse

(No need to Thank me parents...it's written proof  all we did was read it...Thanks be to God!)

Then the beautiful sound of the dismissal bell rings to end SS class, whew I made it!

Now it's my turn to get fed, yahoo!

Onto the service:

SPECIAL CONCERT?!

O' Yeah, there won't be regular service today because  a group named HIMEG (He Is My Eternal God)  from down South whom have the gift of music who are also missionary Nurses that Evangelize, wow what a ministry!

Prayer request are made by all and even myself " prayer needed my dh company he works for which is on a balance beam it seems while the economy is shifting, and that I would be faithful in knowing that God is with us."

Tithe and Offering, yes we participate even as shaky as we are at times...it a true test of faith.

Children's story  the kids are asked if they wanted a check? One kid said "I'll take a check for a million dollars!" Check written and handed to him...you should've seen his face as he turned to look at his parents, hilarious doesn't even began to describe it!

The speaker asked him if he stuck it in his pocket did that make him rich?

Explaining not until you take it to the bank and it clears would he be a millionaire.

Same with Jesus...he wrote an eternal check out to us signed in His blood and if we just let it sit on the shelf or stashed away...even in "our own pockets" it has no value until we "cash it".

Some of the best lessons I've learned are those for kids.

Program begins..with over 15 Asian men (ages 20-65) who start to sing lifting up spirits and edifying us to Christ. The songs were loaded with heartfelt pleas and crescendo promises from His word...breathtakingly beautiful!

Tears began to fall unrelentingly from my eyes, as this chest of mine swells in the hope of His soon coming.

{{NEWS BREAK: you understand as I sit here now reminiscing I now understand why I "forgot" to put on my mascara! Here I thought it was because of the morning rush...it just goes to show HE thinks of everything, I didn't look like a RACCOON when HE was done massaging my heart. YOUR to GOOD to me LORD!}}

This Heavenly music played on as testimonies of mission trips retold to our awe inspired church family. The program was coming to a close as the song "Final hour" (don't quote me on this title) was being sung.

I closed my eyes to listen, it was as if  I could see this final hour happening. My family beside me and all of us looking heavenward to the Savoir with outstretched hands, prayerfully  asking to have our hearts ready in HIS time.

When I opened my eyes my hand was raised to the ceiling as high as I could reach in anticipation of receiving HIS blessings.

I was so in that moment!

For some of you this is something you  experience weekly at services. Please understand I'm not against giving Glory to God in worship.

However I see worship as a time to "be still and KNOW that He is GOD"  as not to disturb other worshippers by sudden outburst, knowing also there is a time for everything under the sun like dancing and cymbals and clapping.

So I guess I'm more conservative then I realize... I just haven't experienced the longing to reach up during service in front of others. Which was not a problem, really as I could see others from the corner of my eye were also reaching up, Praise God!

It was to say the least a refreshingly wonderful spiritually filled worship service!

To know in that moment HE was right there in the hustle and bustle of my trying to worship HIM.

HE knows what "longings need to be filled" He just needs us to allow HIM to fill the bill...

 

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing

Phil 2: 14-16

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite a day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! this is beautiful. It is the first time I've been on in 3 weeks and this is what I read, I worshipped with you! Thanks!

Unknown said...

so encouraging. and so timely. just about to blog here, you'll see why this struck a chord with me when you read =D So glad He elevated you to that place of worship today.

The Apron Queen said...

What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.

Just popping in to say Hi from the giveaway. Good luck!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Leanne said...

Thank-you so much for sharing your worship experience with us all. Have a blessed day!