Friday

And now the rest of the story~

 

Tuesday afternoon (of this week) we where leaving our friends "swimming hole" when my 4 yr old son started complaining of a stomach ache that eventually had him doubled over accompanied with vomiting and high fever only 15 min later. Off to the ER  that night when pains did not subside. 

15 hours later we found out he had an acute appendicitis!

It seemed all we could do during this emotional whirlwind was to pray and now I see how each step was done in such a way it's as if the whole scene was orchestrated.

From the ER Dr. who sat down often with us  through the night/morning  going over the "process of elimination" to Chris the Lab tech (family friend) who took special care to rush the blood test which came back with a higher than normal white blood count. Then onto the IV needed for the CT Scan that they took care to numb first before getting in on the first try whew! All while answering the tons of questions we had at each step.

Then there was one of my past hair clients whose become a family friend who stepped in to check on us by the way He's a Administrative Chief of Nurses which explained why we were being treated like VIP!  He was also helpful in advising us as to which Dr. would be best for surgery should it be necessary. Plus the fact that our Grammy who is a special procedures RN in Radiology had a second reading on her grandsons CT scan before the surgical procedure was finalized.

As recommended I requested the surgeon  without any fuss what's so ever. Then it turns out the floor we would stay on has a charge nurse who also is someone I worked with 10 years ago that took a special interest in making our stay as pleasant as possible, while even bending the rules a little.

Yeah~ it was a setup :0)

All this left me able to focus on making this as "trauma-less" as possible for my little "Trooper"...who amazed the staff and Dr's  with his endurance. It wasn't until right before he went into surgery did he try to cover his eyes so that we wouldn't see him cry! Right then I realized how courageous he was trying to be for us...I'm still at a loss of words to explain what I witnessed and I want to cry all over again when I think of it.

So here's our "Trooper" after surgery...pict0557

PICT0554 PICT0553

PICT0550

PICT0562

New cuddly friends came on the scene as well as Grandma's Grandpa's cousins aunt's & uncle's along side many well wishers...he is loved!

PICT0559

Today was the first day home and all is well ...he is at this moment playing as he slowly goes from one room to the next not wanting to miss a thing.

 

"O LORD, God of Heaven, the Great and Awesome God, who keeps His covenant of love with those who love Him and obey His commands, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night ..."

HE IS...

HE WAS...

HE ALWAYS WILL...

6 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

You have had a crazy week like me... No really your week was crazier! I am so glad to see your boy smiling and that he is doing ok, God is so Good!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Glad to hear he's doing well. You don't call him "trooper" for nothing. Seems like a tough kid. I guess these are all the scary things I'll have to face in the future.

Beach said...

I LOVE the picture of you and him together.....don't love the situation but LOVE the picture. Poor sweet boy hope he is right a rain really soon!!!!
:) Heather S.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Oh, poor baby!

I'm so happy to hear he's alright!

Dawn said...

My mommy heart hurt for you this week. So, so glad all is well. Isn't God great?!!

Blessing and quick healing!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, I had no clue that it could happen to someone so young! Scary for you, I'm sure!