" Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."
1 Peter 4:10 (Today's NIV)
Dedicated to Kristen's dd over at "We are THAT Family" blog.
As a little sister to an older sister who pulled my hair [Chinese style tightly] every time I wanted a braid.
Finally teaching myself before I went bald from it! (YES it was tight- sis!)
Braiding your own hair can be done and you don't need a mirror or extra set of hands, as many have accomplished this feat.
This technique was also enhanced as I went on to Beauty school and then as an Instructor to teach many others the arm and hand tango with finger twisting dance.
A special thanks to our lil model!
I will be using the hardest of all hair types aside from baby fine hair, she's a wobble head (like those you see on the dash board of cars) and what else do you expect from of a 3 year old. No one was injured in the filming of this documentary threats aside of course.
Water bottle
comb
barrettes and/or ponytail
and a little bribery helps for a 3yr old!
Next this:
Spraying the hair helps to grip {did I say that?!}
And then:
Start with a section on top the head, if head of hair is thick in texture take a larger section to begin with.
Now the fun part:
Divide and become finger ambidextrous...using those knuckles momma.
Next release the center strand like this:
Drop and add more hair just like a regular braid but your adding to it.
Ex: Center to the left pick up.
Twist
Center to the right pick up
Twist
Center to the left pick up
(Sounds like my T.TAPP DVD)
Back and forth like this:
& (you may need to work in the bribery now..)
TIP:
Don't look at the above/top of braid ONLY
look where your working, otherwise you will get discouraged by the looks before your done, keep going!
It should start to look like this:
When you can't pick up any more pieces of hair...continue to braid to the bottom and ponytail.
ANOTHER KEY TIP...if you have loopy hair sticking out...Decorate it or just FAKE it till you make it, she will never know mom!
Get this one down and then I'll teach you "fishtail" it's very pretty and quite simple...but only after you have the basic down.
"Drop center to the left pickup..twist..center drop to the right pickup...twist...center to the left pick up...twist..humming along as I hit the publish key"
4 comments:
Wow! I am SO impressed. I'm going to memorize those pics, m'kay? Seriously, going to study them.
I can only access my blog today if I stand on one foot and spit over my shoulder, so maybe I'll just practice french braiding!
I just caught on to the fact that she has a sucker in her hand. The first time I looked at the pictures, one of them looked like she had a pin sticking out of her head. :)
VERY well done. I can't french braid but I have ALWAYS loved how it looks. I may sit my daughter down and give this a try!
Jennifer
Cool! I'm slowly trying more things with my little girl (she followed two boys and I'm a bit slow on the "girl" things). I used to know how to french braid . . . time for me to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
Shari Z. (from TTapp)
Post a Comment