Sunday

A retreat to think..

Yep, I'm going through a "Focused living" retreat.
At first I thought..well do I really have the time, Lord?
Then the excuse of no childcare for three days would be a problem..snap..fixed.
Well, guess I need to go..so I've gone and I still have a half day left.

I'm sure your ready for a spill about what I've learned and how this is helping to "define" me..however that's not what I'm going to post tonight.

Instead, I'm going to tell you, I had an opportunity to be blessed.
As a part of the program we are partnered and when the time for "reflection" comes this is when you share some revelation with your partner for clarification purposes.
The significant times in your life both bad and good, what helped to shape you into who you are today type stuff.

(Past memory..)
I was sharing with my partner about a time when I was jogging and kept looking up at the clouds as I saw a formation of an eye looking down at me. OK..that's cool right, it gets better this song on my MP3 player starts playing at this time about "His eye on me" Very neat experience, right? So as I'm praising God and telling him "I love you Lord! I'm so glad to have you in my life!" As the next song on my MP3 player (which shuffles about 150 songs randomly) comes on "I love you more.." WOW! I'll remember that day as being the longest I've ever jogged w/out taking walking break, I was hyped!

(Present time..)
So after sharing this, we had to break up for a time to reflect on our purpose in this life. I decided to go out to the car and sit in the sunshine with 101.5 (christian radio) on low volume..as I was thinking about those significant times and the purpose it's served in my walk with Christ ..I realized the song playing was about "I was made to love you; made to adore you and made to be loved by you.." COOL..then a few songs later, I'm struggling with what to write.. and I almost missed "our song" I LOVE YOU MORE! A smile spreads across my heart as He sings my hearts song, again! Praise the LORD, I'm on cloud nine! It was a Divine appointment, I almost choose to miss.

I'm enriched tonight not because of my choices but because HIS purpose to LOVE!


In closing, John 3:16 says it all (
www.biblegateway.com )

Dawn :0)

No comments: