I got sunshine!
I got my kids!
Who could ask for anything more!
Now you have that song stuck in your head too..your welcome ;)
It’s wonderfully nice to be in a routine again..after four months of emotional roller coaster rides and dozen’s of interviews, my dh is working again TYJ!
Since this has happened we also have become a full time home school family (again) after a 3 year stent of not HS..details aren’t necessary, however I just realized that the fact is my kids thrive better with me as their teacher and peer.
I’m also happy to report that exercise has become an important part of a every day life, I started back in Sept of 2010 and am still going strong.
Even now I’m hooked to spinning classes three days a week and other workout programs, it’s funny that I belong to a gym but can’t remember the last time I was on a treadmill. Knowing I am a more level headed, non~emotional crazy pms women since doing this, keeps me motivated.
It’s easy to tell how different I feel when I don’t workout..and it’s also rewarding that while eating sensible I don’t have to deny myself the pleasure of enjoying foods without guilt afterwards.
I’m not going down fast in size and this is KEY to anything long lasting..I have come to understand it’s not how much you lose or how you look it’s how you feel that is important. This is what works for me. :)
Still keeping “shop” hours by appointment only and still get to enjoy adult conversations that come with this :)
Plans for grade assessments and new curriculum for the next year are underway this week plus a trip to the Wittee museum in the big city followed by a Costco shopping trip for bulk buying because now that the kids are home full time..they like to eat more. Fun, fun!
As for blogging I’m planning to use this as an “accountability” partner of sorts..because it’s just easier to share and express our trails and victories here in ‘blog land” I love it here and feel that I’m just as loved here ;)
No plans to get involved this time around in the HS meetings (for those reading from there) this will explain why, I hope :)
I would just rather not thankyouverymuch.
As I realize now after past experiences it’s still a society with rules and mission statements. I know it’s common where groups formed needs “guidelines” however and unfortunately where ever you are there will always be pressure to perform and in this case to “keep up with what the other kids and/or moms are doing”.
I just don’t have a desire to and this time I realize I don’t have to either, just knowing this makes it freeing.
GOD is a restorer, the best in the business, and I’m so THANKFUL He is working to restore me to my rightful place as mom, teacher, peer and friend to my family.
The theme this past spring has been FAMILY...
You know like no one else but your immediate family.
God + daddy + momma + brothers + sister = family.
Simplifying our life by removing other agendas out of the equation makes for much less noise in our lives. When you remove this, it’s like a radio playing your favorite song you like only clearer and without static!
And all the above folks would be why I’ve got rhythm, again!!
2 comments:
Glad to see that you are enjoying and happy where you are and so glad your husband found a job! I definitely think you need to find what works for YOUR family and do it! There is truly a tendency to compare yourself with other families (whatever the situation) even when you know it is not what you are supposed to do...good for you for doing what is right for you and not worrying about it. We could all benefit from that freedom! Have a great week!
Sounds like Life is Good!!! I often want to go back and homeschool again, but I fear that I screwed them up enough the first time around. HA! We'd love to send them to the academy school (K-8 for now) but can ill afford the cost PLUS the gas to drive 7 miles there and back every day.
Post a Comment