Friday

plan your work and work your plan..

 

until you have a kid that opens your eyes that is!

My dh’s finished his job searching and completed his interviews this week.

So now we wait but at the same time his current j.o.b. of 15 yrs ends next Friday…so while waiting we started to formulate a plan and  focus on what we may have to do..it’s a control thing.

Aside from my concerns, I do know that God has great plans for him that will have a purpose and give us hope for a future, as long as I give Him free will.

But here’s the deal..I don’t want change in venue or genre of where and how we live..so I’m planning one thing while behind the scenes I may be unawares of other plans in the makings. Plans I may not like and want to work within.

And here’s what brought it home for me.

One morning while heading to school my oldest 12yrs asked me.. “mom how did dad’s interview go?”  I said “ it went well..just waiting to hear back..”  he says “oh so do you think he will get it?” and I said “ I don’t know but either job he gets will require him to stay away during the weeknights (my plans to stay in my home keep my kids in their school and continue my life) instead of commuting back and forth everyday.” 

(Silence..)

Then he totally took me by surprise when he says  this “NO mom..we are a family and wherever dad goes we need to be with him..that’s what families do mom.”

Now I sit in silence.

Wondering, waiting..what’s next?

And this waiting thing is like a lot like fishing..I’m really NOT good at it.

5 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Blessings to you. I know you must be feeling so many emotions right now! Praying for you and your family as you lean on God to get you through! He does have a plan!

heidi said...

We've been in this boat and it's no fun. :-( Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

I love it when Kids doi that! They sure can make you think. Great post, AWESOME KIDS!

Beth in NC said...

From the mouth of a babe. I pray that whatever happens, you will have great peace.

I can't imagine how you feel. I'm definitely not making light of your situation.

(((hugs)))

Love,
Beth

Laurel said...

LISTEN closely to the wise words of your son.

My husband took a job ... and moved away. We tried for months to sell our house. The Lord did not open the door for us to move to be with my husband.

8 months later ... I nearly lost my 28 year marriage ... my kids lost their close relationships with their Daddy ...

My husband finally had to chose, the job or the family. Thankfully, he chose the family.

We husband will NOT move without his family again. Even if our house doesn't sell and he has to move, we will do WHATEVER it takes to keep the family together.

You have a very wise 12 year old.

Praying that the Lord shows you exactly where he wants you ...ALL of you.

Laurel