well there’s really no secret..it’s mostly just my thoughts and only because I would rather be real here then you think “she seems to have it together”..that’s a far cry for sure.
So let me get to the point.
A change is taking place in our home.
Hopefully just one..but it could be many as you will soon find out.
December 10th is pink slip day for my dh.
The company he has worked for these past 15 yrs is closing up the service center. So there will no longer be a need for his services..which over the coarse of the years has been in customer service, air plane recovery, test piloting, inspections and maintenance on aircraft and even managing areas.
This came both as a shock and relief. A mix of emotions.
One: How does this happen so fast and right before the holidays?
Two: Finally the ‘’curtain has dropped” no more wondering when will it end.
Since this is the case, resume(s) and applications have gone out..and already he’s had a few interviews that have looked like some really good opportunities.
Problem is they aren’t near home..which most likely will mean he will have to commute or even move closer..and when I say he I mean maybe WE.
As it is we’ve been working on our home for four years..it’s my home and it’s ours free and clear.
We also have a great school that our three children attend that just happens to be in our very own churches school, that just brought a piece of property for a bigger school and our dream gym.
Plus I have a business that yet while is still in the beginning stages I really don’t want to have to leave, again. I love my work.
However as we where singing the closing hymn after services today I was reminded “anywhere with Jesus I can safely go..”
Still who likes change.
That’s one quip.
Here’s a new one..my step brother is convinced he should marry sooner then later. Have I mentioned he’s 19.
And on black Friday (yesterday) while out checking the sales we walked up on him buying a ring for her?!
((Awkward))
I asked “what’cha doin” and he tells his gf “tell her”.
See what I mean? Immature..like it’s a secret or something.
He wouldn’t even look me in the eye..cause he knows “sister knows best” ..ha ha.
So after a moment I’m like “promise ring?”
Cause that’s what we started out with..it was 3 and 1/2 years later before I got an engagement ring. And then she says “ nooooo…”
I was speechless because all I could think of at that moment was my parents reaction when they find out ringing in my ears..”WHATTTTTTTTT!!!!!”
As it is he is the baby and my stepmoms only one.
<Sigh>
Great…more drama in this family..that’s all I need right about now.
I did hear today that they both went and told them right afterwards..heard it went better then I expected..but only because of prayers I’m sure. So tonight in efforts to introduce the parents we also where invited (read requested) to eat dinner with them..because as it was we are the buffers/bumpers so to speak..needless to say it was a little uncomfortable at first but it smoothed out towards the end of dinner.
So why does it bother me..well I can’t really say.
Maybe it’s about wanting better for others then they want for themselves..maybe it because I am really wanting some “sameness”in my life but I think it has to do with the maturity factor and really isn’t it true most young couples aren’t thinking of their future at the beginning and most likely rush into something on an emotional whim then later regret their decisions. And really I would hate to see my little brother go through this.
So I pleaded with his very sweet gf of (six months)..not rush into it and to her time and plan her life…please!!!!
No wedding bells or dates set yet, but it could be sooner then later.
Maybe they will consider the counsel their parents are telling them..especially if they want to have a “paid for wedding..” ;)
OK here’s my final quip..hey everything comes in threes, right? ;)
I’m lonely.
Not a need my dh to pay attention to me kind of lonely..there’s plenty of that going on for me. Thank you Lord.
What I’m talking about is having a friend to run around with.
The women in my life are either young moms; or to stressed to care for one more moms or just not my type of mom peoples I would want to hang around with.
I wish my “person” was here to cheer me on and maybe even go through the junk with me or maybe even get me away from it all when I need a break.
You know the kind of lunch date friend you can vent to or listen to about her life and the all important times of needless spending you share with your gal pal. :D
Yeah those kinds ;)
Wish she was close enough to give me a hug and say “hey lets eat chocolate.. or get over yourself girl!!!”
What really bothers me is this..if I hadn’t ever met such a friend then I wouldn’t know what a blessing it is to have one and what I was missing. :(
Seriously..some things are better left alone.
Thanks for listening, tipping over the pot here has already left me feeling lighter and hopefully my future post will be more uplifting kind post for you..just right now it’s kind of a “winter season” all the way around.
Prayers for our current situation are appreciated I’m sure HE has a plan :)
God Bless you too..
3 comments:
Wow, ok ...
1. Yikes! I'd be unsettled feeling about that kind of change. That's for sure. Especially where your children are settled. I pray God's perfect will is done and that you have His peace in it.
2. What is it with KIDS?!?!? We know a couple that is near the same age (very immature!) who just announced their engagement. I think the calm reaction of the parents was wise. Probably giving them enough rope to hang themselves (well, hang the relationship).
3. I'm sorry you don't have a "heart-friend" near you. I have several, but with a 5 year old, I never have time to bond with them.
Keep me posted about your husband!
Love!
Beth
Praying for you!!
Hugs,
:) Heatherb
1. Been there, done that... multiple times in our marriage and the process isn't fun. However, keep your heart open to what God would have for you. Because, wherever that is (in your current home or a new town or new state) is where you are going to be happy and content.
2. Keep giving wise counsel. It's heard even if it's not acknowledged or heeded!
3 I'm not in your town... but I'm mighty close. We should meet for coffee sometime!
Post a Comment