This past weekend I had the privilege of sharing in worship with my dear friend Heather. We sang and prayed and praised and then we listened together as the pastor gave the message and shared the Word with us.
It was great to hear those words of life and confirmation of faith spoken to me and here’s what I concluded.
I’m on the right path ;) Praise God!!!
How do I know this?
Well here’s what I know for now..anyways.
I’m having experiences with HIM.
I’m praying ..a lot..morning, noon and night and everywhere in between and this with my family, friends and by myself.
I’m reading His Word more.
Most days I get up and ask Him to share His word with me.
Becoming faithful to this was a matter of discipline at first but now it’s a matter of keeping my relationship healthy.
Most agree that they want to experience His promise in their lives. So they pray for it. That’s me.
First I started praying for the desire to even ask.
Then I started to pray that He would never let me stop these new habits.
I believe it was then that He even arranged it so that I would feel the joy of a healthy new friendship by placing my new friend Heather in my path..a friendship that even with distance has grown :) and this because of communicating. Which is growing closer all the time.
And I know this is true because I’ve gotten to know in my past through answered prayers that this is how He works in my life ;)
It’s like this..
Remember when David went to King Saul and told him that he knew the Lord would deliver the philistine into his hands..because he had done this same thing with the bear and lion. (1 Samuel 17:37)
Or when Jonah was sailing away from his troubles and the storm was taking the ship down and he said “it’s me..I’m the problem.” He knew. (Jonah 4)
How about Joseph..he was given dreams that meant something important would happen in his life..none of it included being sold by his brothers into slavery or being thrown into prison for something he was wrongfully accused of. His attitude reflected that of a servant because he knew God had plans for him. (Gen 37)
You need another one?
Alright how about Caleb..do you remember what happened with him?
He was a spy and was sent to check out the promised land..he came back with news that it was good and he just <here it is> knew they could go into the land and that God would hand it to them. (Numbers 13:26-30)
You know by reading the word just because he believed they could, didn’t change anyone else's perspective..in fact..none of them even got to see the promised land..only Caleb!
How many times have we said “if only I had their faith..” well here’s the deal, we can only be certain of what God’s promises are when we know His Word. When we compare those promises to our situation and then prayerfully ask for His will to be done..then you KNOW it will be as it should.
Seriously..they only knew because they studied the past and prayed for the experience of a relationship with HIM..and the result were “they knew..”
Just like us..we can know also ;D
(((By the way ..my friend Heather has started a blog “Ever So Humble Opinion” and she hasn’t really used it. Would you be so kind as to go over and give her a nudge..she said something about "performance anxiety” whatever ;)
3 comments:
That was an amazing post. I sensed your assurance in HIM and your peace is reflected in every word. I so appreciate our friendship Dawn and I've grown so much in Him because of your faithfulness.
What a beautiful message. I'm glad I read your blog. It encourages me to do more in keeping the word of God before me always. Thank you.
All the glory to God..I'm only inspired by HIM! Thanks for sharing in this with me :D
Post a Comment