Really what's not to love about this season "Fall"..the colors, the coolness and festivties!
This time of year brings lots to celebrate for our family, as it is there's nine birthdays, four anniversarys and a few annuel get togethers, plus my all time favorite the visit to Lost Maples State Park ~fall foilage change!
We also get to enjoy a fall break from school, which went by way to fast this past week..as it was this year we made no plans to do anything extra special. In fact we really couldn't because there was a huge Yard sale to benefit our little church school and we where planning to help the whole way. It was today and we made $1355.00~ Praise the Lord!
Since this was the case the kids made plans themselves. They pulled out one of the tents, built a fire ring, built a fire and then just sat around it. Right outside the front door ;)
I'll share some pix..they came out blurry.
Still you get the idea.. what's nice is I only showed the oldest how to start the fire..they did the rest. I was really proud of their little adventurous motivations..very happy they aren't totally without creativity ;)
Mostly I'm glad they entertained themselves..because this momma was way to busy this week!
But I believe after this weekend, it's about to slow down for a bit.
And here's how I'll celebrated this fall season: cook hot stews and soups, sleep with the windows open, light more candles ( speaking of which..I got a really pretty cake candle on a pedalstool with a fall garland at the yard sale ;) Oh oh and I'll be parked infront of a lit fireplace listening to sounds of crackling timber, most often sipping hot teas and under an afgan I took out for the sofa to snuggle in.
Now that's just a few of my favorite things about Fall..so tell me what's yours?


1 comment:
How clever your kiddos are! That looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment