Tuesday

Part 2 ~ Food Coma

Now now now..I red velvet heart the brown and white form of sweet goodness in all shapes, sizes and brands from God's own creation, the cocoa bean.

So don't go writing me off..I'm not boycotting chocolate. Pinkie swear.

That said I'm going to continue to share with you what happened to me right after I divorced the Dr.

I fell into the melting pot of despair.

Wanting to replace the old with something new    devoted only to making me feel better about myself and supposedly good for me well everyone knows that CHOCOLATE can be a girls best friend in her time of need.

Just look at the picture below, what does it look like she's thinking?

mainimage-chocolate 

"Only you understand me.." "just between you and I..." "oh how I love our times together.." " you make all hectic days seems smoother.." etc.

Oh I kid..

Not really.

It's known that several components in chocolate have been linked to mood and potential “aphrodisiac” effects like: feelings of attraction, excitement, and giddiness.

There's that word again, FEELINGS.

Sooooo what's the point and why am I expounding upon a known facts about CHOCOLATE  and the word that works up so many emotions?

Because..

I had yet to learn another lesson on listening to my emotions over again my physical needs.

Being set free from one thing often leads to hanging onto another..And if it's not GOD then it's not good.

Why was I in despair?

For one after ending the relationship:

  • The clothes didn't get any loser as I thought they should.
  • The face wouldn't clear up and I was drinking H2o!
  • and I couldn't understand why I didn't have more energy or motivation to tackle life.

"Why o' why can't I feel a difference!" I complained.

Later in the month right after Turkey day I'm sitting on the couch eating some..yep..CHOCOLATE checking the blogs I read.

Little did I know that one would soon a point a into the direction read BIG ARROWSa a to my next destination. 

It had been a while since I had read so after visiting this one I went back to this post that Beth @ "I am heading towards my destiny" shared.

(Matters of the heart bloggers do matter, it could very well hit a nerve. Thx BETH!)

It was like a BILLBOARD SIGN that said:

"Exit now for your next *reality* brake check."

I kept clicking into different achieves then over to her side bar where she has her youtube channel listed.

She kept talking about "Intermittent Fasting" which had been a tool to releasing the extra weight she was unwilling carrying around. I was curious enough to click on the suggested link where I read an e-book that very night.

Here's what I really got out of the whole thing.

I discovered I was living a lie.

Like a trained monkey performing to the fiddlers tune of: "do this because (get this) it feels right."

Instantly I told my dh about it saying:

"Honey this is something you and I both need to hear.. so turn off the news and it's old politics and join me to review this new life changing information."

He did, we read..so should you.

I'm going to stop here..don't whine at me as I've got three kids that do that enough ;)

I promise to get to the end of this sometime in the near future.

For real it's coming..soon.

2 comments:

Paula said...

It's getting REAL good....

Christine Jeske said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I have only been doing IF for a little over a month now and my weight loss stalled in that time but it is something I feel the call to continue. I know it'll even out soon! You asked if I have a YouTube channel so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/losingchristine

I hope to hear more from you! ♥