Monday

Part 1 ~Food Coma

 

It's been a while now since a deep subject has made it's way here.

For those of you wanting to exit quickly, I can't blame you as most of the time while surfing the blog sphere I look forward to fun; funny and even more.. enlightening post, then my own life.

;)

However know this..

I'm really encouraged to share this today..as it's real and it's a burden I'm in the process of being set free from. So rejoice with me and know that there's no "woe is me.." attitude here!!!

 

OCTOBER ~09

Would be the month I made the choice to stop drinking caffeine/sodas. Cold turkey.

I can remember some of the comments on Face book when I announced this, "your brave!" or "what's the problem with it.."

And like most who need that morning perk me up aka.cup o'joe (which I don't drink..not to worry I have other vices ;) OR maybe one who smokes..which most say it's not the taste or smell..it's just a part of who they are and no I don't smoke either..just wait my vice is bigger then this.

So here's what became evident to me and the reason I decided to STOP.

I have for years drank a certain soda with passion, never swerving from it only adding flavors to it, like cherry or vanilla. I was committed and the Dr. and I had a close bond.

Breakfast, noon or nite..it was the only thing unchanging about me through the years.

But as life would have it..or HIM me thinks, I started to feel like a change needed to happen..and like other habits I knew that the only way I would break a cycle was to accept just how bad it was for me.

So I experimented..

DAY 1: Soda only

DAY 2: Water only

DAY 3: Water and Soda

The point of this test was to focus on how it made me feel.

DAY 1: Didn't feel anything..*this was numbness.

Day2: bored and wished the test was over..when I drove by the Mini mart envisioning burst of bubbles pouring forth and over the rim of a 36oz cup filled to the top with ice. But the arms didn't  turn and the legs pressed the gas foot down harder to drive past faster. (only the holy spirit could have intervened there!)

Day 3:  Sluggish, fatigue and no motivation to do anything. Confused. What? Well the caffeine must be missing out of my drink?!

It wasn't until I asked God for help to understand why I was feeling this way that the light went on..remember day 2 I was bored..emotionally I was making a choice for what I physically didn't need.

How often have I done this..let's see.

F

   O

      R

        E

          V

            E

                R

So I did the only thing left to do..I asked HIM GOD our MAKER to take it from me.

Surrendering is the first step in everything, right?

Surrender what..I asked ?

Answer:  The desire to pull into a convenient store on my way in or out of town.

Because I normally didn't stock the stuff in the house so there where no temptations lurking at home. 

I asked for help:  so when I would go to leave the house I would be reminded to fill up a glass of water to take with me..which gave me the sensation that I could still reach for a glass and drink while driving. Water that is ;)

So this seems easy enough right?

Well one would think so..but then another vice started to kick in.

I remember on day 14 right after working out with a friend that it set in that I had overcome a great feat..WOW! it felt great and I celebrated with water and

Chocolate.

To be continued..as not to bore you to tears or frighten you by what comes next.

THANKS for dropping by cassie ;)

2 comments:

Angela said...

I like the heart better girl than anything else...when someone REALLY shares from their heart,,oh man,,that gets me all the time...

Sure I love 'eye candy', one reason my 'addiction' to surfing decorating blogs..oh myyyyyyyyyy,,,!! lol

Food Coma...that caught my attention like you wouldn't believe since I HAVE experienced food coma, also a drunken stupor from food, even bed spins (like an alcoholic to booze, that was me with food believe it or not.) SIGH..praise God for freedom girl...in Christ alone!!

going to enjoy the next part...

Paula said...

"the Dr. and I had a close bond", that put a smile on my face. I have a close bond with my coffee and sweets. One step at a time for me. Thank you for sharing your struggles. Looking forward to part 2... ((hugs))