UPDATED: (Whew~ now there's time to do things right! It's still on!)
It's not really my story to tell..however "they" don't have a blog so I think it's gotta to be an unwritten code for this kind thing, that or "freedom of the press" of good news!
Who?
What?
When?
Why?
Where?
I thought you'd never ask!
Great..now that's all the reason I need to share this new exciting (answer to my prayers) post!
Just a little happy here is all folks!
The date above is when my little brother and SIL will be married officially!
Woo hoo!
God intervened to finalize what I had hoped would happen.
A little background FYI.
My brother JR is turning 30 this month he is also proud daddy to my baby nephew, Miles.
He and Steph have known each other since her brother became his best friend in middle school.
Years.
While they where always in the same circle, that was the extent of it.
Then years later they took notice of each other. She tells me: "he was never my type..not the tough guy exterior, to nice" and He says "I didn't think she would like a white boy like me.."
While he was roommates with her brother, she needed a place to stay.
Soon the two became inseparable to the point of "living together" and then becoming parents to my little precious nephew.
Because she values family times..and my brother always the hermit..she has brought him out of his shell and back in to the family traditional celebrations..I love this about her!
After many trails of ups and downs they both have found that..
- they need Christ in their lives.
- having each others support in this endeavor will make life worth the living!
PRAISE God this is exactly the kind of "helpmeet" HE intended for each of us!
But it wasn't "cut; clear and dry" enough for my brother..nope as it was and haven't we all said or heard this often, he wanted to have a nice big church wedding one day and he wanted to be able to afford it..yeah..we all say that ;)
Here recently during some heavy prayer time, a lot of soul searching, bible studying and life changes..he was on a job..his contract employer (aka. stranger) started talking with him about his personal life one day last week.
Questions like "do you love her? Do you want to marry her? You should make an honest man and woman out of yourselves, soon."
Questions this sister of his wanted to ask but didn't have the nerve, let's face it we treat our friends better then our family. And our employers who pay us better then anybody ;)
So..he being direct causes my brother to think about it some more.
The next day this same employer walks right up to him hands him two solid gold bands (rings) and says "JR I really felt impressed to give these to you..I believe you should really consider using them to honor her."
FREE rings.
Seems God really wants him to marry her.
(Big sister already knew this though..right ;0)
And this from a stranger no less, GOD ordained.
You know..I just love how it's always a total open door with HIM!
At that very moment JR knew the questions on his heart where answered.
He went home that day.. unsure of how to contain his excitement (I think he got on one knee? I really hope he did!) held out his hand with the rings and said "Steph..God wants me to marry you, you see HE gave these to me and well, will you marry me?"
Her answer: She cried..she ran out of the door over to her sisters house to tell her..she ran back to their house only to realize she needed to run back to her sisters house to call her mom and me, all the while leaving my brother standing there wondering "does this mean yes?"
Helloooo men so slow..even when we paint a picture for them ;)
Don't you just love a good proposal..now a blessed wedding day is all thats needed next.. you know the icing on the cake ;0)
Already plans are in the motion..and she has asked me to stand up with her..honored is not even the feeling..more like GRATEFUL!
Praising GOD for HIS wonderful LOVE that is contagious!
“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”
This is not a good pix..but it's the most recent from my sons baptism..
Jr~ is in the blue shirt praying over my child :)
Steph~is holding baby Miles.
And that's her mom behind Jr..what a great illustration of support, both her sister and mom will also being getting baptized in a few weeks with her also!
God is sooooo good!
7 comments:
What a blessing! God is good...all the time!
Oh what a great story Dawn!! :)
Congratulations Dawn. I am blown away by this man hearing God's call and him giving the bands to your brother. That is an amazing story.
Praise God!
I am SO thrilled for both of them....she is just too sweet and that baby boy is just slap gorgeous!!!!
Hugs, :) Heather
What a sweet story!
I hope things go well for them! Lisa~
Praying for God's special blessings!
(P.S. April 10th is my 40th bday!)
Post a Comment