Acceptance & prayer is the only thing you can do when you've run out of whine which is what I was doing in the last post ;)
So I begin praying Psalm 90: 14~17
" Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days. Make me glad for as many days as you have afflicted me, for as many years as I have seen trouble. May your deeds be shown to your servant, your splendor to my children. May the favor of the Lord my God rest upon my family;
establish the work of my hands —
yes, establish the work of my hands."
Very powerful when you pray scriptures!
This happen on a Monday.
On Tuesday I was sitting at my booth reading over the Beth Moore Bible study I'm doing right now and a couple of ladies ask what I was reading. I shared.
One of them I noticed stepped back and rolled her eyes (not realizing I saw this) and it made me wonder.
A few hours later the same one walked up to me while thumbing through a holiday magazine chatting about how she likes the holidays but not Christmas..and it's not because she wasn't a unbeliever. Still chatting but all I heard was..
(((((((((((Silence))))))))))))))
And this my sisters in Christ is when I got the BIG PICTURE.
And instead of "voicing my opinion" right on the spot, I was quick to listen and slow to speak..only agreeing that yes Christmas time is very commercialized.
All the while thinking/praying/talking quickly to the Lord..
Maybe she wanted to get a rise out of me..after seeing me study your Word.
Maybe she wanted to let me know she was not interested in what I had to share.
However
Maybe, she wants someone to tell her why she should believe in HIM?
Maybe I'm there for such a time as this?
The next few days I prayed through more scripture.
Ready, willing and waiting for the right time.
So that whenever He calls on me..my lamp is trimmed and ready.
Exciting times YES very exciting times!
So please pray for this unbelievers heart mind and soul to open up that seeds of HIS love might be planted and that I would heed His directions and listen to His Words of truth.
Oh! And the unexpected happened next..it seemed timely enough my salon work was blessed with $300 in less then 5 hours.
The LORD is far from the wicked
but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
~Proverbs 15:29
6 comments:
You are willing to be used by Him. Just wait and see what He does next!! Just be sure to blog about it so we can rejoice with you :)
I am always struck by how freely people feel to express their distaste for my Christianity. I am so glad you were willing to listen to the Holy Spirit and just let her talk. I will pray for the right words at the right time. Love you! Lisa~
Awesome post! I will be praying for both you and her. What Beth Moore study are you doing? We are starting the one on Esther this week.
So glad you are making yourself available for the Lord to do a great work through you!
Good points. She is probably just so lost. I feel sometimes unbelievers get jealous in a way of what Christians have and how content they can be. How we can have fun without sinning. It's great how you are willing to let Him use you in this way. You have sure helped me a lot...more than you know.
I saw your comment at Little Toes and Cheerios this morning and I came over to say hi and see how you were doing. I have never done a Beth Moore Bible study. I keep meaning to!
I am praying for her! It sounds to me like you are doing a great job of obeying the Spirit. Listening to a lost person, and showing them that you are listening goes a LONG way in earning her respect. And keeping your opinions out of discussion is an added plus. No opinions. Just speak the TRUTH in LOVE as the Spirit leads. Praise God!
Post a Comment