Wednesday

I really shouldn't share this..

as it's a sure way to a heart attack.

But truth is, I need a night out every once in awhile and well this is a sure ticket to getting away.

So consider this a "secret weapon" anytime you make it you will have his endearment for the rest of the evening.

Stay with me..you'll soon understand how.

Cheesy Turkey Potatoe Casserole

  • 1lb of ground turkey (you can substitute beef but be warned it makes a  greasy dish!)
  • 1 pkg frozen hash brown potatoes ~thawed
  • 1 stick of butter ~ I told you it was greasy!
  • 16oz of sour cream ~ light /fat free will work but again this is for him..
  • Can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
  • 3 cups crushed topping w/ 2 tbs butter (fried onions or bread crumbs or Kelloggs)
  • salt and cracked pepper (as much as you like)

Preheat oven to 350'.

I put the stick of butter in pan in oven till melted pull out of oven and toss in  potatoes to coat well then set aside.

Brown meat with onions.

In large bowl stir in sour cream and soup, salt and pepper adding meat mixture; potatoes and cheese.

Press ingredient into buttered pan.

Top with topping of choice.

Set the timer for 35min and bake at 350'.

Now run and get yourself ready..for whatever you like to do on your own..(i.e. movies; book and a cappuccino or girls night out.)

When your hard working man walks through the door to smell the aroma of this dish be prepared for him to tell you this:

"Honey you've got the night off...love ya!"

Seriously if you'd like to give his heart a fighting chance serve with a side salad..but I guarantee you'll have more of that leftover then the casserole!

P.S. Serves well for breakfast also...

 

(thank you google.com for this pix..as I don't have time to do it ALL!)

For more good stuff check out We Are That Family WFMW!

2 comments:

j said...

Man oh man! That looks GOOD! I'll remember this when there is something I would really like to have :)

Unknown said...

this is so good, dawn gave me some after hunter's bd pie, and it smelled as good as it tastes