Tuesday

NOT caving in..

 

We have a KING size Simmons Beauty Rest mattress (9yrs old) which is seriously in need of replacement *read bonfire* however there's just no extra $$$ for this problem right away.

I had no idea just how bad it was till I started sleeping on dh's side of bed, my attempt to show him..surely it not really that bad.

This started a week ago and oh my..how my poor guy has suffered..it's that bad.

Now I understand why he looks worse for the wear every morning!

 
When I called the manufactured about the warranty here's what they said.

"In order for the warranty to be upheld (1) you  have it on a proper "deck" (i.e. box springs) (no problem..)

(2) NO stains anywhere.

Are you kidding me!!!

"Are you hoping to reuse it or something?!"

We've raised;nursed and slept three babies in this bed! NO Stains!!!

The clerk says: "well that's why they invented mattress covers."

Me: You think..I think it's a way to get out of honoring your warranty.

Prayers for a new better improved bed and attitude as it's beginning to take it's toll on me.

At least he is finally getting some rest.

So here I am..ready like my bed to "cave in" and go sign~up for in house credit to get a new bed..but Dave Ramesy is forever in my mind saying "save save save...pay CASH!"

 

And this is why I've not caved in yet.

6 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

I'm with you...it sounds like they just don't want to cough up a new mattress! Sheesh!

Beach said...

I believe there is a place around here locally where you can a good mattress for cheap....let me see if I can remember where I heard about it.
Hugs, :) Heather S.

salvation78028 said...

Don't cave in, Lady. Hang in there. Sacrifice, sacrifice for a better tomorrow.

This is definately one of those things you ask God for and watch as He will provide you a mattress in an unexpected way. I'll pray with you.

Love you!
Heather M.

The Pennington Point said...

Oh how that brings back memories! We used to have the worst mattress ever. We saved and finally, after years of back pain, we got a sleep comfort bed. And it has been heaven ever since.

But the whole, "no stains on the mattress" thing. Ridiculous! Lisa~

Unknown said...

my goodness what do they want it mint condition geesh and what do the plan on doing with it if they replaced anyway, sell it to some unwarie customer for an arm and a leg, have you tried adding a memorie foam topper make a big differene and might get you by alittle longer, don't have a bed but you will soon have central air pawpaw told michael to get motivated and get it in and it sure runs good and cold

MikeandCharlsie said...

Hey we had that same prob. when we lived in Oaxaca and what we did was to buy some of that Memory Foam, we got ours off of overstock.com for a good price. Wow after we got this we slept so much better!!!! Hope this helps.