Wednesday

"Take a hike!"


I was with my little brother this past weekend.. visiting a families open house (so very nice and so very happy for them!)


Any who~ they had a bountiful spread of desserts and snacks set up for visitors to nibble on.
After being reminded, read pushed in against my will by one of the little hostess, read encouraged.
I decided to bite into one delicious looking chocolate chip cookie as another little hostess sets a cold plate of "fluffy cheese cake mini's" right under my nose. Well it would be rude to put down the first choice for the second, right?

It was sweet ~ white~ cold and fluffy.

  • fluffy..as in white whipped like clouds!
  • cheesecake..as in like do I need to say more?!
  • mini's..as in it would be so easy to devour a dozen! 

 

And waiting at the bottom where two nilla wafers for the "crust".

My favorite kind of de~lish!

 

The purpose of this post was not to temp you..no in fact it's about what my brother said that day.

As I was gobbling/devouring/eating up/ inhaling and not taking my time..
he looks at me and says:

"Daaaaawwwwwnnnnnn what about the money?"


Me: huhn? (mouth full)


Him: you know the money you get for the  weight loss?

Me: I won..duh?! (I can tell he pays attention..that was like a week ago!)

Him: so you planning to gain it all back? (giving me a once over..)

Me:...........

Me:............ (my best impression of "oh no you didn't" and I'm gonna come over and sit on you look..)

Him:...........(smirking)

Me: hey! I work out everyday almost by walk/jog and now I'm willing to hike.

Him: Hey I wanna go hiking. 

Me: you do? well for that comment, you have to...cause I've got a few weeks on you buddy!

Him: (smiling) your on.

YOU: pray! he's 17 and I'm 34!

Me (thinking): I should've just gone to the closet to eat the thing!


When this happens, I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm thinking positive though and plan to take water and a stretcher for him.

And for me I plan to take what he said to heart because seriously..he's onto something.

Just because I'm getting great results doesn't give me the right to think I earned or deserve to eat unhealthy.

So desserts and other temptations..

"Take a hike!" 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking great, Dawn! Now hiking??? That's wonderful!

(Honestly, I know you couldn't have eaten a lot of those mini cheesecakes. There were still some for me to finish off in the morning.)

Love you!!!

One More Equals Four said...

Hiking! Wow, that is great! You can beat that young brother of yours...you have years of wisdom on him! ☺ And don't feel guilty about a few desserts, you have to be able to enjoy a few old favorites or you wn't stick with your new lifestyle! Keep up the good work!

The Pennington Point said...

Oh I love this post. You are looking so great and I am doing so badly....I'm very discouraged. I'll look forward to hearing about the hiking. I bet you'll surprise yourself! Lisa~

Muthering Heights said...

It's nice to enjoy a treat every now and then...no worries, you will get right back on track! :)

j said...

I agree with Muthering - just get back on track after those bites and keep going.

I got started cutting back yesterday. Results: UP on pound. Oh well, got to keep it up!