This summer has been books books books for the kids around here. Library days are weekly, yet none of them have been bug book bitten yet?!.
I'm so hoping one will see the love of reading..like mom.
Just finished this one I've had for weeks:
in two sittings..it was sweet bliss.
How I've missed those quite reading times where I could settle in with a good book.
Summer days is making it more possible and with the kids getting older it's easier to see that they are occupied..plus there's the wonderful new gadget Wii have now.
It's amazing what you can get done when you have "wii power"..thanks Mammaw for this new armor!
However I'm not going to let that take over the mind building power of READING, nope I'm on a mission to train up~ instill ~ and encourage the love of reading.
Do you know what I mean?
Seems these days our children are kept too busy and not enough time to just sit and read.
So do you know of some great reads that the kids and I could enjoy aloud together..or maybe some that your (10-12)ages) boys have enjoyed reading..because if you do then you'd be helping me to be able to read more ;0)
Book suggestions anyone?


4 comments:
My boys love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Not exactly classic reading material...but when they are reading them they actually beg to read!
We love anything by Andrew Clements: we started with Frindle and have now read all of them, they are a fun read aloud and we liked "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" although that might be a little young for your boys.
A few other favorites have been "A Knight in the Attic", the Indian in the Cupboard series and, of course, How to Eat Fried Worms. When we finished that one we had a Movie Watching party complete with Gummie worms!
We read the Little House books together, which they enjoyed finding out how different things were back then. We are going to see the ventriloquist today, will we see y'all there?
Hugs, :) Heather S.
Most of my kiddos were readers, especially when grounded;) Good for you sharing your 'bug' anyway:)
I have to admit, I don't read books...only magazines. BUT I do read to my kids each day!
Post a Comment