Sunday

I’m a Hislight fan..NOT twilight.

how I spent the day yesterday..

  • church
  • family
  • lunch
  • new flat screen
  • twilight the movie
  • remorse

It started out normal enough..got up went to church, received a call that  my big sister was in town visiting. We made plans for lunch.

Church service was great! Many praises and the music was inspiring. The sermon spoke to me on several levels and was based on Matthew 19:16 and parts of Hebrews 10.

Afterwards lunch out with the family. And because mom’s B~day is coming up, my sister surprised her with an early present she gave her a choice between a flat screen or an ipod.

So we headed over to the store..as we walked in the store though mom was sidetracked by a sign for “Twilght”..because they also are fans.

Me? not so much..infact they knew I wasn’t crazy about it tried to tell me “but their good vampires” never read the books and no plans to see the movie..it just didn’t appeal to me..but alas the day was set..a new flat screen and dvd was purchased.

I realize for some it’s just fiction..but for me it’s more than that..instead I see it as a spiritual warfare of what’s really taking place behind the scenes.

Being hyper-sensitive comes with a price..depending on who I’m with..I’m accused of either

A.) taking things too serious

or being judgmental.

B.)right on the mark.

 

So I didn’t want to be the party pooper or make anyone else feel uncomfortable and miss spending time with family.

But I did drive them crazy with questions, I’m not a good movie companion in this way.

Did I mention how many times the movie was paused..2,4,6 times,lost count. Many interruptions..more questions..and yes eating when I get nervous I eat too..(sorry about your doggie bag mom..)

Did I like it..will I read the books now ..have I changed my mind?

No.

Infact stuff like this only drives me to seeking out Him more..and personally the only thing I am resolved to do right now is start listening to what I know as truth and follow it more strongly..no matter how awkward or “uncool”  I may feel at the time.

Now here’s what part of the sermon was based on..the very same day, imagine that.

 

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

 

7 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Yeah, I'm not very into Twilight either. Many of my friends like the movie, and have said that it's very good, so I have a feeling that I will end up seeing it in a similar situation to yours.

I don't know. I've toyed with the idea of watching it, but I can't decide...

littletoesandcheerios said...

I've never seen it myself. I just don't have time to watch ANY move, LOL.

To each their own, but if one feels it hurts their walk with Him I understand.

Sara said...

I'll stand by you on this one...

I'll say flat out that I've been ASHAMED of some of the stuff I've viewed in the past, but I'm doing better in my choices with His help. This movie (like all the Harry Potter junk) will NOT enter our home or my mind / His Temple.

I've been pretty surprised with the number of "Christian" women that find this kind of stuff OK. Simply put - if you can't invite Jesus to sit down next to you and watch it, then you shouldn't watch it either.

Keep walkin' the good walk, sister.

kris said...

Not a Twilight fan either, never senn them or read them. I think the main guy is just plain freeky looking, nah, not for me. ITA with you and won't make room for it in my movie watching!

Tammy said...

I guess I took the position of "to each their own" regarding this series and movie.

It's not for me...I'm not a reader, so the book collection was definitely out. And, the movie doesn't remotely sound interesting to me. Not enough comedy, I'm sure.

j said...

I am HONESTLY so proud of you for posting this in a nonjudgemental way and simply stating how it makes you feel. You really are an amazing blogger and I love you for it.

Audrey said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
I haven't read the books or seen the movie, and I don't ever intend to. I've had multiple people encourage me to, but I absolutely feel like I should not do it. Now I know that not everyone gets converted when they watch the movie! :)