Friday

do not passerby..

 

Now just last night I was on the phone with a friend after a board meeting. I called her to ask a few questions but at the same time I was trying to drive; talk on cell phone; pull up to order dinner at a drive-thru; talk to her on phone; talk to person on the intercom; who kept repeating order back and forth 5-6 x's; then proceed to dig thru purse for bank card that can't be found with one hand in the dark; pay; talk; drive and hurry up to my next vip meeting at mom's for my show "Grey's".

Anywho~ I get to the destination still on phone but now I've got mom talking to me on one end, the show is coming on in less than  in .2 secs and let's not forget I was ready to eat.

You get the picture?

OK ..so I tell my friend "gotta go my show's coming on"; toss my mom dinner and totally zoned out for the next hour.

So what's the big deal, right? Is there a point I'm trying to make...well yes there is.

You see it didn't hit me until I was mopping the floors today thinking in all different directions (you know what I mean right) I can space out when doing the dishes or putting away laundry, it takes the boredom of the chore away.

So as I was pushing the mop I remembered a comment she made during our phone conversation last night :

"I'm in a funk.."

This isn't serious I know but all the sudden I realize

"I missed an opportunity to encourage; uplift and enlighten!" 

If I could just hit rewind and have a redo here's what I should'da could'da would'da done:

Why's that?

Is there anything I can do to help?

Hey would you like to get together for a laugh?

Because when I'm in those moods I need laughter and someone to tell me..YOUR GREAT! And you are..do you know your personality has been one of the main reasons I was drawn to  you..seriously if this "funk" has you feeling out of sorts about yourself or about your life, remember this : "God has started a good work in you one HE will finish" Phil 1:6  so continue to serve Him as I've seen you do and remember this also your special to HIM  and to me and to whole lotta others whom I'm certain would agree and encourage you in this same way.  I have really enjoyed getting to know you and I hope this passes quickly and here's what I think we are supposed to do when we feel "the funk" "rise up and shine." Isaiah 60:1 

So get up from your slump..share the good news and don't be held down by the enemy.

And when your ready let's get out and have some laughs soon, I'll bring the chocolates!

So "friend" this is what I should have said last night..I hope you know you can always call me up when you want those chocolates!

 

Tip for the day:

The root word "passerby" means the same as "pass by" let's remember to look up, smile and always offer fellowship because in doing this we are doing HIS good and perfect will.

Have a fabulous weekend & God bless you!

8 comments:

Bee said...

A good reminder to slow down and listen to those we care about. Sometimes I get so caught up in the busy-ness of what I think is important, that what really is important slips right by.

Unknown said...

This is a great reminder and something we can all do more of.

Valarie Lea said...

WE all get in such a hurry, that we let to mych pass us by. I am glad you remembered that bit of conversation. I am sure if she has read this she is feeling better already. :)

The Pennington Point said...

You are so right! Thanks for the reminder. Lisa~

Beach said...

Life sure can get hectic around us can't it.....glad you could see it clearly and use it as an opportunity for use later.
Heather S.

Muthering Heights said...

That's a great reminder!

littletoesandcheerios said...

You not only helped your friend just now, you helped all of us. :)
Thanks and have a great weekend!

j said...

Boy you made me THINK. I passed by many opprotunities this weekend and I know it. All because I was feeling a little icky with a cold.