Monday

what's this?! two post in one day?!

 

YES..because you have to know...I am raising some really cool kids!

You see this easily distracted goofy kid?DSCN1149 He got up this morning when the alarm went off..dressed and groomed himself did his morning chores and made his lunch and breakfast, then came in and said "mom time to get up.."

Thinking now how nice it was to see him be this responsible in the morning...as I'm usually the one saying "did you do...." it was all done!

PICT0046

Then this one tells me last night while I was cooking,  she's ready to give up her pink blankie..me thinking "yeah right."

But when she walked up to me this morning and gave me one to give away "to another little baby".. I thought where is this coming from?!

Of course she has three of them (thanks to her Poppy) so these are small steps but really am I ready for these "baby things to be over?"

Now this fellow...he marches to a different tune.DSCN1077

Never wants for anything unless it's a drink of water..seriously. And because when he does ask for something it's quite often granted his big brother has put him up to the task of doing most of the asking as of late..which is when I'll tell him to tell big brother to come ask me..and give him the eye and lecture.

So often I have to check on Trooper making sure he knows he's loved and see if he needs anything even if it's just a hug~n~kiss.

Even now as his sister is leaving trails behind her through the house he is quietly playing with the same thing he was hours ago and when it 's time to clean up ..he jumps right in.

Today I celebrate my kids~ they have become truly "gems in my crown"!

The  evidence of teaching HIS children HIS ways also comes down to this.. it is the right thing to do!

And just when you need it most after all the  days; months; years of grooming for the Lord finally they start to bud!

 

Malachi 4:2 (New Living Translation)

“But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture. "

This is true..

11 comments:

Simply_Pam said...

When the blankets are gone, you will wonder what happen to my babies... where did they go. It might just be a good thing that there will soon be a "New Baby" in the family!!!MOM

The Pennington Point said...

What a sweet group. You have a beautiful family and I'm proud to know you. Lisa~

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have such sweet children; you are a dang good MAMA!!

Beach said...

We mother's are truly blessed aren't we? I am happy for you that they are such a good bunch!
Heather S.

Valarie Lea said...

Its is sad and joyful at the same time to see them grow up. :)

Tammy said...

*SIGH* Such mixed feelings about them growing up and finally doing things for themselves. Yet, you still want them to rely on you.

littletoesandcheerios said...

What a great post. All of us mothers can relate. I always enjoy reading the scripture you chose for the topic.

Muthering Heights said...

How precious! I hope my kids are that well behaved when they're older!

Unknown said...

Great post! Its so nice to see some "fruits" amidst all the labor.

Life on the farm... said...

You are truly blessed!

j said...

Aw! Amen! Praise the Lord for your kids. Precious post.