I get that old time feeling of refusing to get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas.
Expressing an innate "bahumbuggishly" way *says dh* my desire to have a very simple Christmas.
I am successful every single year up until the weekend before Christmas, then I have some sort of bizarre attack of "is it enough nerves" which no amount of chocolate, caffeine or good Hallmark movies can squelch.
I then go on some ridiculous Christmas present buying spree buying up stuff junk that never made the list to begin with and only because I really want that look of awhness to cross my loved ones faces when they open their presents.
Little by little, my resolve weakens and I find myself spending..buying..stuffing my SUV full, right up until the last hour of Christmas Eve store closing.
You may be thinking "O'bother everyone does this.."
And this may be true but does everything one buy for the stockings fit into them or do those become..well more presents?
Come Christmas morning I will be giddy with excitement and in a blink of an eye it will all be over and then I'll remember "this is why I say simple every time.." and commit (yet again) to making next years Christmas more Christ centered.
Still will the the Advent Calendar (I just made),Bible stories and lessons in sharing be enough to help me them remember Baby Jesus Birthday when we are up to our ears in torn wrapping paper?!
Oh I hope so..
By the time you read this I'll be in the BIG city (again) and I've decided I'm not buying one more thing today..maybe two or three but not ONE more thing!
Today's Verse (on the side of my blog) go figure:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17 / KJV
You think HE's trying to tell me something?
((Christmas HUGS to U!))
5 comments:
I am right there. I have already made one manic run through Wal-Mart today and I still need stuff and I am about to have a panic attack. I need a brown paper bag to breath into!!!
I'll put my honest hat on, I thought I was finished wrapping gifts and then I bought a few more!
My brother, SIL, Fred and myself made an agreement last year not to buy each other gifts anymore...just for the kids. It's a big relief.
Great post.
We are famous for just getting "one more thing" I think everyone does it, but I am sure you have taught them well!
Oh this is so true! What is it that gets us caught up in those last minute purchases? Next year, let's remind each other! Lisa~
I do this too!! Today I might fight it, we'll see. Gotta check the list first... ;-)
Post a Comment